Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit score do most lenders use?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which credit score do most lenders use?

Which credit reporting agency is used by the most lenders? It seems to me that most places with whom I have applied for credit use Equifax.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Which credit score do most lenders use?

@Anonymous wrote:
Which credit reporting agency is used by the most lenders? It seems to me that most places with whom I have applied for credit use Equifax.

Depends upon where you live but I am willing to be they start using Experian more in the future.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some pull all three and use the middle score. Depends on what you are trying to app for.
Message 3 of 6
Boswd
Valued Contributor

I've heard that in many cases in can be regional,  East - Experian,  Midwest- Eq and West and So West TransUnion, but who really knows.
Message 4 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

If apping for a mortgage all three will be pulled. As far as apping for other types of credit it used be EQ 90% time where I live (Hawaii) but this is changing as I have noticed quite a spike in EX pulls lately. TU is hardly pulled in Hawaii. The only company pulling TU regularly in Hawaii is T-Mobile.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read a car maker ad, I think Honda, that said only customers with 660 Experian or higher would be considered for their special financing.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.