cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which credit union can I join with easy eligibility?

tag
Zyonlee4u
Established Member

Which credit union can I join with easy eligibility?

Which credit union can I join  with easy eligibility?

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which credit union can I join with easy eligibility?

@Zyonlee4u wrote:

Thank you in advance.

DCU and NASA seem to be popular choices around here.   You might also want to check out your local CUs, as many of them determine eligibility by place of residence, work, or even place of worship.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 10
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

DCU, NASA, Alliant, Consumers, PenFed. Donation of under $20 will get it done across all I believe, assuming approval.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can aso join Andrews Federal Credit Union.

Message 4 of 10
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I personally like alliant right now for their high interest checking rates, as long as you dd . Interest checking with alliant has better rates then most banks savings rates its quite ridiculous. I am getting .65% or there abouts its not too shabby. It was an lot better than i was getting at WF few yeras ago with savings. Few years ago wf was giving me only .03% :-(

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm very happy to be with Alliant, my first credit union. I had a so called Money Market Account with BoA, but I never had enough money to benefit from the .03% as well. LOL. I'm slowly trying to get out of the checking and savings biz of BoA. Alliant is nothing short of amazing, as far as customer service now that I think of it too. Something to consider. 

Message 6 of 10
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm very happy to be with Alliant, my first credit union. I had a so called Money Market Account with BoA, but I never had enough money to benefit from the .03% as well. LOL. I'm slowly trying to get out of the checking and savings biz of BoA. Alliant is nothing short of amazing, as far as customer service now that I think of it too. Something to consider. 

i am big fan of alliant as well their checking and savings for my purposes are soo much better then brick and mortar banks. The only problem that may arise is if you need to make cash deposits. All my deposits are either DD or via check which you can mobile deposit via smartphone. 

Message 7 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Zyonlee4u wrote:

There are countless credit unions out there that you could easily join.  Don't overlook credit unions local to your area.

Message 8 of 10
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

i am big fan of alliant as well their checking and savings for my purposes are soo much better then brick and mortar banks. The only problem that may arise is if you need to make cash deposits. All my deposits are either DD or via check which you can mobile deposit via smartphone. 

I haven't personally done this with Alliant yet, but as far as I know you can go to a local credit union that is in the CO-OP Shared Branch Network (find them HERE) to make cash deposits, or do stuff like get a cashiers check same day...typical stuff you would need a brick and mortar bank for.  Some of them even have cash deposit ATMs.

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 9 of 10
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@toothgrind3r wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I haven't personally done this with Alliant yet, but as far as I know you can go to a local credit union that is in the CO-OP Shared Branch Network (find them HERE) to make cash deposits, or do stuff like get a cashiers check same day...typical stuff you would need a brick and mortar bank for.  Some of them even have cash deposit ATMs.

Interesting, I guess i am still not really trusting of depositing cash via atm. I rather hand cash to an teller in that respect. Checks are different story. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.