Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is better for my FICO? Traveling overseas and need your advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which is better for my FICO? Traveling overseas and need your advice

Hi everyone,

New to this website, and forum and I LOVE IT.
I am due to go and visit my mother and family overseas with my two kids (single parent), the cost of travel inclusive of everything will be around $8,000 if I am lucky...I thought about going to my credit union and asking for a line of credit (they usually have low interest rates), but I am seriously thinking of getting two 0% for one year credit cards and using them. I am pretty good in paying these cards usually before the 0% offer ends. My questions is: which is better for my credit score, one credit card with $8000 on it or multiple credit cards which has 0% interest rate for one year and then probably transfer it to other offers or other cards (I won't be able to pay $8000 in a year!!!)

Please advice. Thanks a million.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which is better for my FICO? Traveling overseas and need your advice

The more cards you can spread the balance around the better.
Message 2 of 3
cgmiller63
Contributor

Re: Which is better for my FICO? Traveling overseas and need your advice

When are you planning on going?  I normally use AAA when I plan my vacation. They let you put a down payment with the rest paid for 30 days prior to the trip (or whatever guidelines the airline have). I then divide the balance between my pay periods to determine how much I have to pay each paycheck to have the balance paid in full prior to the trip. This is interest free, kinda like lay-away.  Many travel agencies have this type of program.  Of course I plan my vacations way in advance. I just planned my Alaska cruise for August 2008.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.