Did you mean: 

Which monitoring site is the best?

tag
xaustie
New Contributor

Re: Which monitoring site is the best?

@Anonymous wrote:

[snip

And do a search for Discover Scorecard - it's free and you don't even need Discover. A Transunion credit report every month, for free. 

If I am not mistaken Discover Scorecard uses Experian.

Message 11 of 15
RCOH
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The best bang for your buck is to not pay for any of these monitoring service. Use Annualcreditreport.com every 4 months for your free report - and use the free scores provided by your credit cards to look for problems. You can also use Credit Karma to take a peak at your inquiries and such, although the scores are a different useless model, you can see if there are issues and can dispute them through that site as well. 

Remember your cards will only report monthly, so the score may go up or down by a few points, but there's no real benefit to check your score frequently; it won't change very much, if at all. (depending on your payment and usage patterns) Once a month is often enough and if you've got more than a few cards from different issuers, you may not be able to see your reports, but you can see your scores. 

And do a search for Discover Scorecard - it's free and you don't even need Discover. A Transunion credit report every month, for free. 

Annualcreditreport.com is every 12 months not 4.

Discover Credit Scorecard pulls Experian not Transunion for their information.

@OP

CreditCheckTotal (FICO 8), also known as CCT offers all three reports once a month and daily Experian reports. If you sign up for the $1 trial, cancel within the two weeks period. Most have been given an offer for 1/2 off when they cancel by phone. You end up paying $14.95 per month for all three reports plus daily Experian. CCT does monitor all three CRAs for changes to your report. They have an alert system just like myFICO.

I still use the free sites to compare data. Most of them use Vantage 3 unfortunately not FICO.

Starting Score 12/15 (FICO 8) EQ: 488 :-(
7/16 (FICO 8) EX:611 - TU: 579 - EQ 599 --- Goal 660+
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

After all of the sites I have tried, CK is still the fastest and it is free.  They will let me know the moment something hits.  Others, even Fico, take a bit longer. I put all of my accts on there and I love the way they work.  My 2 cents. 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RCOH wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The best bang for your buck is to not pay for any of these monitoring service. Use Annualcreditreport.com every 4 months for your free report - and use the free scores provided by your credit cards to look for problems. You can also use Credit Karma to take a peak at your inquiries and such, although the scores are a different useless model, you can see if there are issues and can dispute them through that site as well. 

Remember your cards will only report monthly, so the score may go up or down by a few points, but there's no real benefit to check your score frequently; it won't change very much, if at all. (depending on your payment and usage patterns) Once a month is often enough and if you've got more than a few cards from different issuers, you may not be able to see your reports, but you can see your scores. 

Annualcreditreport.com is every 12 months not 4.

Discover Credit Scorecard pulls Experian not Transunion for their information.

@OP

CreditCheckTotal (FICO 8), also known as CCT offers all three reports once a month and daily Experian reports. If you sign up for the $1 trial, cancel within the two weeks period. Most have been given an offer for 1/2 off when they cancel by phone. You end up paying $14.95 per month for all three reports plus daily Experian. CCT does monitor all three CRAs for changes to your report. They have an alert system just like myFICO.

I still use the free sites to compare data. Most of them use Vantage 3 unfortunately not FICO.

A lot of people use AnnualCreditReport.com to pull free reports.  One recommended strategy is to pull just one credit report from say TU on the first pull, and pull no others.  Then in 3 months, pull EQ only, and then in another 3 months pull, EX.  That way you get 3 free full credit reports in a years time.  So you are staggering your pulls, rather than doing all at once.

Message 14 of 15
RCOH
Regular Contributor

I guess you could do that, pull one from each every 4 months. That's if all three have the same information on all the reports. I know not one of the CRAs have the same information for me on all three. Most people don't either I would suspect, that's usually why I/they have different scores from each. Not every creditor or CA reports to all CRAs.
Starting Score 12/15 (FICO 8) EQ: 488 :-(
7/16 (FICO 8) EX:611 - TU: 579 - EQ 599 --- Goal 660+
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.