cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which other cc offer free scores besides WAMU?

Regular Contributor

Which other cc offer free scores besides WAMU?

I have Wamu and get a free transunion score from them. I was thinking it would be great to find 2 other cards that offer equifax and experian scores in their online center. Anybody know of any?
04/18/2008 TU 723 EQ 715 EX 746
7 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: Which other cc offer free scores besides WAMU?

I don't think there is any other cards that offer that service....I hope I am wrong on this because I can use such a card as well.
Regular Contributor

Re: Which other cc offer free scores besides WAMU?



Irvin wrote:
I don't think there is any other cards that offer that service....I hope I am wrong on this because I can use such a card as well.



I tried to google the info but came up emptyhanded. Oh well, such is life!
04/18/2008 TU 723 EQ 715 EX 746
Established Contributor

Re: Which other cc offer free scores besides WAMU?

Lots of banks and CCCs seem to be offering free scores and other credit monitoring products, but so far all such scores have been FAKOs. I assume there is a licensing fee associated with the FICO scores, and most banks, CCCs, etc. prefer to offer scores and products that cost them less money, even if FAKOs are nearly worthless to their customers.
Regular Contributor

Re: Which other cc offer free scores besides WAMU?



Revike wrote:
Lots of banks and CCCs seem to be offering free scores and other credit monitoring products, but so far all such scores have been FAKOs. I assume there is a licensing fee associated with the FICO scores, and most banks, CCCs, etc. prefer to offer scores and products that cost them less money, even if FAKOs are nearly worthless to their customers.


Do you mind sharing which of these ccc and banks are offering them for free? Even if it is a fako, it will most likely be close to a fico score anyway.Smiley Happy
04/18/2008 TU 723 EQ 715 EX 746
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Which other cc offer free scores besides WAMU?

AFAIK, WAMU is the ONLY CCC that offers a FICO. And remember, the FICO offered by WAMU is bankcard enhanced.. so it may not match what you see on myfico.com.
Senior Contributor

Re: Which other cc offer free scores besides WAMU?

I thought Wamu did free P-FICO scores not TU?
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Which other cc offer free scores besides WAMU?



Tuscani wrote:
AFAIK, WAMU is the ONLY CCC that offers a FICO. And remember, the FICO offered by WAMU is bankcard enhanced.. so it may not match what you see on myfico.com.



Yeah, I notice that it is usally off by about 15 points. But I don't want to pay to see my score for the rest of my life so I'm trying to see if I can work the system to get it for free!Smiley Wink
04/18/2008 TU 723 EQ 715 EX 746