cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who else thinks something needs to be done with Experian?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Who else thinks something needs to be done with Experian?

specifically, their verification process when you dispute as "not mine"

how is it even legal to verify items by an automated system of sorts saying the soc. sec. num. and/or address are correct and then refuse to re-investigate if the consumer has more proof the item is not theirs?

i cannot tell you how this has resulted in so many more items appearing on EX than any of my other reports. EX never investigates and i have given up on them.

if i had the time and the energy , i would sue. i know im not the first person to have this problem. has anyone sued EXPERIAN about this or does anyone know the status of recent complaints?

i have tried everything, and EXPERIAN does not care about the law. once something is reported to them, they will never delete it.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Who else thinks something needs to be done with Experian?

I believe it was experian who had our sons student loans listed on my husbands report.  We wrote them, they verified and refused to delete.

Bunch of a-holes.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its Experian who is refusing to fix a 60 day late on an old student loan that was paid off the month before this 60 day late appears. I hate them, they hate me. This 60 day late was reported in 2004, so it is quite the while it will stay on there.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If only there was a class action lawsuit against Experian... although there would be so many people involved we would never see a penny.... but atleast they would have to pay something for their errors.  I too, am having problems with them.  I would mostly just like to see businesses boycott them.... if only they knew of all the incorrect information Experian hands out.  Why is it that it's always negative info that is incorrect?  I don't ever hear any stories about how they mistakingly put some positive info on people's credit reports.  I have never seen the story ... " hey, I had 20 late pays on this account, but you  know Experian keeps reporting that it is paid as agreed, " or "I have a 50,000 charge card maxed out, but Experian keeps reporting my balance as $500."   You never hear anything like that, just that they randomly put negative info on people's credit reports. 
Message 4 of 17
niecey89
Frequent Contributor

I feel your pain. I am going through the same thing with Experian. They claim they could not verify my identity and needs me to send all this information. I am shock that they did not ask for my first born and a blood test. All the CBs need to work on the same reporting system or connect their computers together for accurate information. They have a job i worked in 1989 as the only job reported (my first job when i was in college). I have not worked their in 20 years. Here is another funny, they have my old address in Atlanta, GA on my mothers credit report. My mother has never left the state of NJ. She was never an AU on any of the CCs. Also we do not have the same last name. Where are they getting this their information from.

FICO Scores 7/15/2008: EQ 600, TU 546, EX 490
9/17/08 - TU 571,12/17/08 649,3/16/09 638, 6/14 642
ScoreWatch 12/17/08 EQ 646, 1/2/ 09 664, 2/2/09 684,2/12/09 673, 2/16/09 688, 2/27 674,3/3 682,4/16 685, 6/28 679
1/2/09 EX 668 2/13/09 669
AS of NOV08 I am Credit card debit free. I AM A MYFICO.COM ADDICTED Smiley Happy ~
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can take it up with FCRA FCC. I've heard that people have had to sue them before to force them to remove incorrect information.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this is not what I needed to see. I just found out today that Experian has two accounts listed on my report for Sears that are not mine. I verified it with Sears and plan to send a letter tomorrow. Should I not expect anything to be done? Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 17
Established Member

I sent in proof that a judgement was canceled and discharged. Equifax and Tansunion deleted within days, Experian still verified.
My husband PFD'd a collection account I sent in the proof for that (cashed check, letter etc....) TU and EQ deleted, EX verified. I am so tired of EX.
TransUnion
695Date: 5/11/2008
Equifax
670Date: 5/13/2008
Experian
672Date: 5/13/2008
Message 8 of 17
Donks3369
Established Contributor

I'm in the complete opposite side of everyone here.  Experian has been nothing but great for me.  But I guess that is because I fax my disputes and they seem to get taken care of quickly.  Equifax, or the dreaded CSC, is what is giving me problems.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just disputed a payment they did not show and they fixed it in a couple of days.

I do use their monitoring service however so just do it on-line.

They do keep inquiries 25 months instead of 24.  That seems a bit strange to me.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.