Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who got the most points the fastest?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who got the most points the fastest?

I just want to get an idea how quick or how long it can take to raise your scores. Post your lowest score to your highest current score with dates.

520's all 3 scores in Dec 2014
720 to 748 all 3 scores as of Feb 8 2016

Over 200 points in 13 months
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Who got the most points the fastest?

How quick and how much depends on the specifics of a credit profile and what needs to be addressed and how quickly those issues can be addressed.

Factors with a bigger impact that are addressed will yield bigger improvents.

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.asp

That's why we always recommend addressing derogs first if one has them as they impact Payment History.  Getting Revolving Utilization is check is another common recommendation as it has a significant impact and falls under Amounts Owed.

One can't just poll to determine how one's scores will improve.  Everyone doesn't start at the same point.  Derogs can't all be addressed exactly the same way and removal cannot always be negotiated.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I had similar results to you, I moved to the USA from the UK in November 2013 with no credit whatsoever at age 19 and applied for my first credit card the month after.

I was in the 700's 12 months later, 730+ by 18 months with all the dream cards I wanted in my wallet Smiley Happy

This was after a LOT of strategic planning and research though. I travel a lot so wanted to earn rewards for that really badly.

So would you count this as 0-730 in 18 months LOL. Do I win a cookie or something?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No lol
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit score was 540 in July of 2015. I got a new job and started attacking all of my debt and getting errors off my report. My highest score is now 715. So 175 in 8 months.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.