Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has an idea?

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Who has an idea?

@Rlandon87 wrote:

Awesome, I hope you're right and it seems I should... in January I had scores close to 690/700 ' s  only difference is these card balances, a few inquries, and the 4 new accounts. 

And those things WILL happen FOR SURE,  the payments have already been scheduled/made... just waiting on them to clear and report. I will post the results as they update.

I came up with my guess for a couple of reasons. First, your FICO 04 scores are quite a bit lower than your FICO 08 scores. Second, I don't think the collection and a few lates are keeping your scores down by themselves. I think the "maxed-out" CC's are playing a big role in your scores being low. We shall see! Good luck!

Message 11 of 34
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

Thanks,  we'll know in a week or two. 

photo ficos3.jpg
Message 12 of 34
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

Smiley LOLout

First update.... 8 point bump on EQ SW when shell card reported 0$ from 11$.

So having many accounts reporting a balance obviously puts the hurt on your score... I'm very confident I'll get AT LEAST 22 more points based on everything else reporting 

photo ficos3.jpg
Message 13 of 34
fused
Moderator Emeritus

That's really encouraging. Just remember the SW Score is a FICO 08 score and not a FICO 04 Score. Also keep in mind the FICO 08 scores are supposed to be a bit more sensitive to high utilization. Again, something that's in your favor.

Message 14 of 34
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

So my 04 score would theoretically move the same, or more, or less...

photo ficos3.jpg
Message 15 of 34
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Rlandon87 wrote:

So my 04 score would theoretically move the same, or more, or less...

It'll move in the same direction, but not necessarily by the same amount.  From my own situation, I would say you'll see a 30 pt increase in your 04 score. However, you may not get it with every CBA.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 34
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Your 04 and 08 scores will be heading north. How much is still unknown. I'm just really curious to see how much your 6 to 7 maxed-out cards are affecting your scores.

Message 17 of 34
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

How long does it take for GECRB to report AU accounts
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 18 of 34
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

Here is a good data point for anyone wondering... my Kay card hasn't been used once since I opened it 11 months ago. I was scared it would close before getting a mortgage and mess up my utilization. So I charged a $20 ring to show some usage.... it reported today and I received a 25 point increase on experian from MYFICO new 3 score monitoring. This further proves the idea that an inactive account isn't fully figured into your score.... I am POSITIVE that this is the only change on the account since yesterday.
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 19 of 34
fused
Moderator Emeritus

It's nice to get 25 points for waking up a dormant CC. I have lost as many as 7 points for a CC going inactive. I just wish you could track all of your FICO 04 scores.Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.