Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is my beef with? EQ or myFICO?

tag
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

Who is my beef with? EQ or myFICO?

My EQ has not updated since the first well in September and I don't know who I should be mad with. I have paid down debt and received 5 CLIs in September and October. I've received alerts from TU and EX but nothing from EQ. Has anyone else experienced this?
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who is my beef with? EQ or myFICO?

MyFico is broken for me. No alerts of any kind on anything lately.

Free monitoring on all the useless vantagescore sites send me alerts instantly but MyFico doesn’t trigger for any reason.

Setting aside a few hours Wednesday to let them have it.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went through a period from late September to mid - late October where I got zero alerts as a myFICO ultimate 3b+ member. Nothing major happened in that time aside from a $10k cli boost from Amex, but normally I'm getting balance reporting & utilization alerts almost daily. All the suddenly alerts came back to life a week ago or so. Have my monthly 3b reports ready to redeem as of tomorrow - though I'm giving it a day for EX to temporarily thaw as for whatever reason myFico can't pull them for a full report since I froze. No problems with TU or EQ.
Message 3 of 12
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

Sadly I had been considering upgrading my membership with myFICO but honestly if I am paying 40plus dollars a month for no alerts when I know there should be it would just piss me off. Maybe I should also sit aside some time to address these issues with them.
Message 4 of 12
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Check Credit Karma to see if EQ is updating there. If it is, it's a myFICO issue. If it isn't, it's an EQ issue.

Message 5 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Perhaps neither.

It may simply be the creditor.

Updates are only required under the FCRA is information has changed.

FCRA 623(a)(2) requires that a furnisher must "promptly" update any information that they have previously reported when the reporting is no longer accurate.  No specific period in days, weeks or months is specified.  A reasonable interpretation of "promptly" would be in their next regular reporting cycle.

If information has changed and the furnisher of the information has not updated in their next regular reporting cycle, that is reasonable basis for contesting their lack of compliance with the prompt update requirement of section 623(a)(2).  However, since internal processing times are also reasonable, if a change is made, such as a payment, then reasonable time is needed for internal processing and financial clearance before forwarding to their credit reporting department for update with the CRA.  Thus, a month plus a couple of weeks is a reasonable delay.

Forty-five days is a general guideline after a change before contesting its lack of updated reporting to a CRA.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is working well. Normally a day delayed, and EQ usually updates firstMine is working well. Normally a day delayed, and EQ usually updates first

Message 7 of 12
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

I check CK and clearly everything is reporting there.  My UTL went down 10% from September to October I guess I figure that is signficant enough for them to report.  Especially since TU and EX thought so.  So the maybe it is myFICO and not EQ.  Another thing I've noticed is that there seems to be a lag in reporting when I'm close to my 3B expiration date for the quarter.  Or maybe I'm just thinking way too much about it all.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say it's something on MyFico's end.

Lol about overthinking it all.. when it comes to my credit I totally overthink and project 1000 scenario's!!! I go to sleep thinking about it.
Give them a call.
Message 9 of 12
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@redE2move wrote:

I check CK and clearly everything is reporting there.  My UTL went down 10% from September to October I guess I figure that is signficant enough for them to report.  Especially since TU and EX thought so.  So the maybe it is myFICO and not EQ.  Another thing I've noticed is that there seems to be a lag in reporting when I'm close to my 3B expiration date for the quarter.  Or maybe I'm just thinking way too much about it all.

You're probably over-thinking it. But I have the same thing going on each month, probably because I have a card that reports a few days before I'm eligible to pull a new report from myFICO.

What frequently happens is that I can check Karma (or another service for Experian), and I'll see that my card has reported. Then I'll redeem my myFICO 3B report, which will then be up to date. A couple of days later, the alert will fly in telling me about the balance change, even though my myFICO reports and scores already reflect it.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.