Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who to send GW ltr at Target?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who to send GW ltr at Target?

Hi Ijust found this board recently and am working on cleaning up my credit.  I am writing a GW ltr to Target and need to know who to address it to?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Who to send GW ltr at Target?

Use the address on your credit report.. note.. myFICO reports will not have the addresses.
Message 2 of 10
theduke
Established Member

Do you think he'd get a better result if he personalized the letter by addressing it to a specific person?

I would attribute this to the cover letter when submitting a resume...I've always read that it's best to address the cover letter to a specific person and not the company in general.

Maybe we should start to put together a database of 'hard target' names for the various credit cards to whom we may address GW letters?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the address on the credit report but should I and who should it be addressed to?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi Ijust found this board recently and am working on cleaning up my credit. I am writing a GW ltr to Target and need to know who to address it to? Thanks!

Wonderfro, I used the address on credit file, but on second thought, i probably should have addressed it to someone specific.
Also don't forget to CMRRR.
Message 5 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Just use ATTN: Credit Dept. CMRRR is not required.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani,
thank you, thought that GW should always get the CMRRR
Message 7 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Tuscani,

In general, you use CMRRR when you are demanding action from someone, or when things are getting a bit hostile, so that you can prove that they received your mail. It implies that you are afraid that you will have to follow up with legal action or similar moves.

With GW's, you are begging for mercy, so you wouldn't ask that they sign for it. There isn't any legal consequence if they don't respond, and you don't want to ruffle their feathers.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Tuscani,

In general, you use CMRRR when you are demanding action from someone, or when things are getting a bit hostile, so that you can prove that they received your mail. It implies that you are afraid that you will have to follow up with legal action or similar moves.

With GW's, you are begging for mercy, so you wouldn't ask that they sign for it. There isn't any legal consequence if they don't respond, and you don't want to ruffle their feathers.

Haulingthescoreup,

Still new to the game, getting there and thank you,
hopefully i will have good news to post soon
Message 9 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

GL --hope it works!

I have seen suggestions that you go to the company website and look for names of the high muckedty-mucks in customer service and so on, and put them on your GW. This works with snail mail, although for e-mailers, you'll have to play guess-the-domain.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.