Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Does it Take So Long...

tag
autofly
Contributor

Why Does it Take So Long...

For your CR to update?

Ever since I started reading on here I immediatly paid my balance on my one secured card from 100% util to less than 5%.  That was at the first part of August.  CRA's show July as report date for all of my accounts.  When will August show up?

Auto
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why Does it Take So Long...

autofly wrote:
For your CR to update?

Ever since I started reading on here I immediatly paid my balance on my one secured card from 100% util to less than 5%.  That was at the first part of August.  CRA's show July as report date for all of my accounts.  When will August show up?

Auto

It depends some banks will not report 0 balances for three months some report on statement closing date.Patience, you will get there

Message 2 of 6
rudy
Regular Contributor

If they are reporting a inaccurate balance then dispute. it will take 30 days, however, this will eventually help . because instaed of them not reporting a correct balance and it showing incorrectly for more than 30 days. They have to submitt the correct information in 30 days
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i learned it's the crappy thing about only having 1-2 cards. Everyone is different and if they both don't report then you don't have anything reporting for that month and it's just a big pain. Sometimes they will not report for months--HSBC did that to alot of us once. Capital one won't report for a long time, then all of a sudden report late payments from 2 years ago...
Message 4 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Cap One wasn't too bad. HSBC is slow.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My HSBC card hasn't updated since July.  Thank goodness it is only showing a small balance ($4), otherwise, i'd be ticked.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.