Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why EQ, WHY!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why EQ, WHY!?!

Since you have reports (and at least partial account numbers) - start with the OC and have them re-report.  Also  fax each CRA with the Creditors and Account numbers telling them that these were deleted early and to re-post (they have back-up databases to source from)
Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh, you mean there's still hope?

i really need to keep those a little longer until my older baddies drop off. I will try it!!
Message 12 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Something's up. I had a closed CC (2000 - 2002) vanish from EQ on the 18th. It's`still showing on TU, but then, TU doesn't seem to update anything these days. (It was never on EX.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm, i didn't even get an alert from TC or anything, so I don't know PRECISELY when it happened, but it was between the 14th and today. i wonder if anyone else has had this happen? there are still a couple of good accounts on there, and a whole lot of bad ones, but it is sort of odd isn't it?
Message 14 of 27
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Hippychic, I faxed over all of my old reports to the three CRAs, as MBNA is no longer.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

let me know how it turns out, looks like i will do the same, hopefully tomorrow. want to look at my FACTA reports to see when they were due to drop so i can sound all edumacated... Smiley Wink

Message Edited by orhippychic on 01-22-2008 03:50 PM
Message 16 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

BTW, I should note that I was pretty p.o.'d about this TL vanishing, even though there was one 30-day (of course) buried in there. But it was 6 1/2 years old, and how much damage could it be doing, right?

Well, yesterday, I found out: Scorewatch alert that my EQ had gone up 17 points. Nothing else had happened since the last pull, which was in early January, so there shouldn't have been any aging going on. So now I'm a bit less p.o.'d. Smiley Happy

BTW, I don't think that most people would get this bump for a single 30 day that old. I'm guessing that it's because I'm in a score bucket of peers with long histories and few or no lates, and so my lates carry a lot more oomph than they would for others. Nevertheless, if there were any negatives on your vanished TL's, you might want to hold off a bit before protesting.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's the really unfortunate thing about losing these, they were pristine!

it was back before i left my ex and i paid everything on time and had perfect history. if all of my good history falls off, i will then have 5 or so years of crappy history and then dead space, where I din't use credit. this is going to suck so bad. i'm really bummed about it.
Message 18 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Good luck! keep working on it. I asked on another thread whether there was a legal requirement to update for 10 years, and apparently the answer was no. But losing 5 healthy TL's --that's ridiculous! Smiley Mad Tear 'em up.
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try. I must admit I feel a little defeated by this setback. If they don't get restored then it just means that my road to good credit will be that much longer. I'm trying so hard. I had a panic attack yesterday because my bank was closed and my cc payment was due to be deducted and wasn't. Turns out it was credited and everything was fine, but look at me!! I'm going crazy trying to bring these stupid numbers up and then things like this happen! I need to regroup and put my gameface back on...
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.