Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Is This Not On My Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why Is This Not On My Credit Report

I owed $36,000 to one of the major credit cards.  Due to a divorce, it defaulted.  I didn't pay on it for several months and finally it was turned over to a collection company.

I sent them a Debt Validation Letter. I received copies of three months statments - just the first page.

I ignored them and a year later.......nothing.

Until the other day when someone has evidently bought the debit from them. 

I have lots of questions about how to proceed......but thats for a different day.

My question is.......why is NONE of this on any of my reports.

No mention of the card ever existing.  No late payments.  No first collection group.......no second one.  Nothing

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Why Is This Not On My Credit Report

Is the debt in your name?  Also, does this lender have your current address?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure which of our names the card was in (mine or my ex wife) and she won't talk to me.

Yes. They sent a letter to my current address....and so did the last collection agency.
Message 3 of 5
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

If the dewbt does not have your name or ssn on the account it would explain why it is not on your credit report. You can also look at the info from the DV if you still have it.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My question is.......why is NONE of this on any of my reports.

Don't assume that it has to show up.  A debt doesn't cease to exist just because it isn't on your credit reports.

No idea why the original account doesn't show on your reports but you and the original creditor would be the ones best equipped to answer that question.  We'd just be speculating.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.