Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why TransUnion?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why TransUnion?

The last two accounts I have applied for - checking and saving with B of A and a First Premier Bank card that I have decided not to use - have done inquiries with TransUnion.  That is my very lowest score (not that any of them is worth crowing about), and I am wondering how I even got the accounts given low score.  Do certain banks just prefer certain credit bureaus, and, what is the reasoning?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why TransUnion?

Yep.. And your geographic location and the time of year can make a difference as well. And sometime the CB pulled is random. Every creditor is different.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it didn't have any adverse effects, but I was just curious as to how they decided to pull from the CB with my lowest score.  Thanks for answering my question.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plus, I had no idea that banks pull your credit for checking and savings accounts!!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Plus, I had no idea that banks pull your credit for checking and savings accounts!!

I did not realise this either. I do know they use check systems though.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.