Regular Contributor
JemiBlue

Why TransUnion?

The last two accounts I have applied for - checking and saving with B of A and a First Premier Bank card that I have decided not to use - have done inquiries with TransUnion.  That is my very lowest score (not that any of them is worth crowing about), and I am wondering how I even got the accounts given low score.  Do certain banks just prefer certain credit bureaus, and, what is the reasoning?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Why TransUnion?

Yep.. And your geographic location and the time of year can make a difference as well. And sometime the CB pulled is random. Every creditor is different.
Regular Contributor
JemiBlue

Well, it didn't have any adverse effects, but I was just curious as to how they decided to pull from the CB with my lowest score.  Thanks for answering my question.
Regular Contributor
JemiBlue

Plus, I had no idea that banks pull your credit for checking and savings accounts!!
Frequent Contributor
cfstr1

JemiBlue wrote:
Plus, I had no idea that banks pull your credit for checking and savings accounts!!

I did not realise this either. I do know they use check systems though.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}