Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my scores going down?

tag
Bella143
Established Member

Why are my scores going down?

My FAKO scores the other day were EX - 690 EQ 636 TU 678. FICO on Merrick has been 666 since July 15th. and Credit Karma is at 671.

I logged on this morning to the bureaus because I've paid quite a bit of stuff off end of July and August. Some of it still hasn't posted yet. However, this morning my Merrick FICO went down to 656 and my FAKOS are now EQ 626 TU 673 EX 690. My mortgage was just purchased from B of A to M&T. The B of A being paid off has hit all 3 bureaus but the new M&T isn't on there yet so now it appears I don't have a mortgage. Could this be making my scores drop?

I have 2 baddies but they are old. One 30 day late on Chase from 3/2010 and one 30 day late from Barclay on a closed card in 10/2011.  I do have a lot of inquiries but they are all mostly from 2012 and a couple still from late 2011.  My util. is still pretty high but I've been trying to pay things off. My overall util. is about 60% if you count two car loans.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance. I love these forums.

EX 722
EQ Fako 723
TU Fako 724 -
Discover 755
Cap 1 - 747
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Why are my scores going down?

@Bella143 wrote:

My FAKO scores the other day were EX - 690 EQ 636 TU 678. FICO on Merrick has been 666 since July 15th. and Credit Karma is at 671.

I logged on this morning to the bureaus because I've paid quite a bit of stuff off end of July and August. Some of it still hasn't posted yet. However, this morning my Merrick FICO went down to 656 and my FAKOS are now EQ 626 TU 673 EX 690. My mortgage was just purchased from B of A to M&T. The B of A being paid off has hit all 3 bureaus but the new M&T isn't on there yet so now it appears I don't have a mortgage. Could this be making my scores drop?

I have 2 baddies but they are old. One 30 day late on Chase from 3/2010 and one 30 day late from Barclay on a closed card in 10/2011.  I do have a lot of inquiries but they are all mostly from 2012 and a couple still from late 2011.  My util. is still pretty high but I've been trying to pay things off. My overall util. is about 60% if you count two car loans.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance. I love these forums.

Ignore your FAKO scores ~ they will frequently move in opposite directions from FICO scores, and can't be correlated.

You should work on lowering your revolving utilization, which excludes your installment loans ( car loans, mortgages, etc.. )

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Why are my scores going down?

@Bella143 wrote:

I logged on this morning to the bureaus because I've paid quite a bit of stuff off end of July and August. 

What stuff?  As stated above, get your revolving utilization down.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.