Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are there different accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are there different accounts?

Why isn't the Experian section of my credit report from myFICO identical to the report I got directly from Experian less than a week before?

Edit- Sorry, to be more specific the Experian provided version of my report shows a legit account that is not on the myFICO version of my Experian report.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Re: Why are there different accounts?

It may help if you provided additional information - what info is different?

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No credit report provided by anyone is ever a complete report of your credit file.

More info contained in your credit file is not provided in credit reports than is provided.

Any report must scour your file and decide what to include and what to omit.

DOFD is a common example of an item that is traditionally excluded from many commerciaal credit reprots, but includeed in reports from annualcredireport.com.

However, omisssion of an entire account is not something one would expect of any reputable credit report, period.

Maybe just a software glitch?

In such a glaring case, I would call and ask......

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why isn't the Experian section of my credit report from myFICO identical to the report I got directly from Experian less than a week before?

No way for us to know since we don't have access to the records.  The Experian report is the official record.  You'd have to investigate why there is a difference with Experian and myFICO.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.