Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why didnt my score increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why didnt my score increase?

When i checked my fico in november i had a 677 score.

details

"closed studet  line of credit,1500 owing 6500 high limit"

"mastercard 500 owing 1000 high limit"

"mastercard 2000 owing 2500 high limit"

1 repo 4.5 years ago

1 acct settled co 4.6 years ago

1 acct settled co 5.9 years ago

December report

677 fico score

"student line of credit paid in full"

"mastercard 125 owing 1000 high limit"

"mastercard 2450 owing 2500 high limit" (also my new 5000 limit did not show up in the report)

1 repo 4.5 years ago

1 acct settled co 4.6 years ago

(the last co fell off my report)

This didnt give me any score icrease, Why??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: Why didnt my score increase?

As of now, FICO is seeing that you still have a high util at around 70% on your revolving. When your new credit limit shows, your util will be around 40%. However once your limit posts, I would expect a small jump in your score. But the main thing is you need to pay down your balance. I would recomend being at a 9% util to see a nice jump. So just pay down the master card with the 2450 balance.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, which CRA? And this score is from this site, right?

Look on page 2 or 3 of the report. Did you see any changes to the factors that are/were helping or hurting?

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If the repo is unpaid and still showing a balance that is included in the FICO.  If it is paid with no balance it probably is not hurting as much.  Since it seems to be your only negative, your score should raise when it comes off.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my report from equifax Canada, they are the only ones that offer us a  true fico score.

The reasons they give on the november report was to many inquiries and co's and lates, in december it just mention too many lates or co's. I only have one late in the last 4.5 years but quite a few before that when i lost my job which started this whole mess.

As far as the repo there is no money owed,and their never has been,i though it wouldnt still be affecting me this much after this amount of time. In Canada our repos/co's purge automatically after 6 years.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.