cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do we have to PAY for FICO Scores??

tag
Pants
Regular Contributor

Re: Why do we have to PAY for FICO Scores??

A credit report is standard in the industry.. FICO scores are not.. There are Auto Enhanced FICO scores, Insurance enhanced FICO scores.. Certain lenders have other scoring systems too (American General as of last year does not use FICO. They have you rated on a scale of 1 to 5.) There is no way to look up your score at how each lender views you, as that information is likely to be top secret.. You can get your FICO online but what if the car dealer uses Auto Enhanced FICO scores which the average consumer is unable to access anywhere and can be a 20 point difference from your true FICO score?

The only thing that is industry standard these days are the credit reports. Those are how those scores are based. Only thing worth looking at is your credit report for discrepancies.

Message 71 of 113
marty56
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just want to know if my FICO is as good as my credit report.

Sorry if I did not make myself clear and caused you "confusion"

Why don't you try the free FICO score estimator ,  Open debate on it's accuracy but if you have a clean report a good AAoA credit mix, your scores should reflect that.  otherwise you gota pay to play. Capiche?

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 72 of 113
laz98
Senior Contributor

@marty56 wrote:
Capiche?

actually, it's capisci Smiley Very Happy

Message 73 of 113
marty56
Super Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

@marty56 wrote:
Capiche?

I took Latin in High School to help me with English, vocabulary and spelling.  It didn't help much..

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 74 of 113
laz98
Senior Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

@marty56 wrote:
Capiche?

I took Latin in High School to help me with English, vocabulary and spelling.  It didn't help much..

Smiley Very Happy  i bet most people feel that way!  i just took latin about 2 years ago, i love it!  Smiley Happy

Message 75 of 113
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Ha, now that we know that you're a linguistics major, we'll never give you a moment's rest!  Smiley Wink

(actually, I always thought it was "capiche"  Smiley Tongue)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 76 of 113
laz98
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Ha, now that we know that you're a linguistics major, we'll never give you a moment's rest!  Smiley Wink

(actually, I always thought it was "capiche"  Smiley Tongue)

LMAO!!!  that's why i'm such a spelling nazi Smiley Very Happy

(oh, & most people get it wrong, so you guys are actually the majority!  LOL)

Message 77 of 113
larinoriani
Regular Contributor

Smiley Very Happy  i bet most people feel that way!  i just took latin about 2 years ago, i love it!  Smiley Happy

Mmmmm, capisci is Italian, not Latin Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2010: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2011: TU 753
Goal Score: EQ 800--TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 78 of 113
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

And I believe "capiche" is the anglicisation of the Italian, so not exactly misspelled. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 79 of 113
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Walt_K wrote:

And I believe "capiche" is the anglicisation of the Italian, so not exactly misspelled. 

I googled and I think the root is "capire" or "capisco" for present tense, first person for Italian and comes from "conspicio" for Latin (with "capiche" being the Italian slang form of the word). I also took Latin and recall using "conspicio" for the word "to understand".

Who's thread did I just TJ?

Message 80 of 113
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.