Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Equifax have to be a pain in the butt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does Equifax have to be a pain in the butt

Sent in disputes to all three bureas about a tax lien from 2005 that was released in 2005.  Supposed to be removed after 7 years per FCRA.  Experian and TransUnion took 2 days and deleted he lien.  Equifax just responded that they updated the report to indicate that lien as released in 6/014.  Lien was released in June of 2005 and clearly is documented on the lien release I sent them.  Guess I'll have to get on the phone tomorrow.  Hopefully the rep will coorrect it and delete the file.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Why does Equifax have to be a pain in the butt

If they dont correct, then consider sending a complaint to the CFPB, accompanied by your supporting documentation, of their violation of the credit report exclusion requirment of section 605(a).

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still waiting for them to delete a judgment that EX and TU deleted it 3-4 after I submited the files. EX is going on 2nd week and nothing. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

If they dont correct, then consider sending a complaint to the CFPB, accompanied by your supporting documentation, of their violation of the credit report exclusion requirment of section 605(a).

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll see what they say tomorrow and if I don't get the proper response, I'll take that route.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not just Equifax. I have a debt that is over 7 years old sitting on my Transunion report that I have been fighting with them for 6 months to get rid of. Every time I call their support I get some idiot in India that argues with me about how long it's supposed to be listed on my credit report. It's getting to the point where I may have to hire a damn lawyer to get these morons to do their job.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:  just got off the phone with them.  Said they would initiate a new dispute to delete the file.  Hopefully they do.  What I found funny was that while the rep was very nice and all when I asked her why hadn't Equifax deleted it originally like the other two bureaus her response was 'well it's not clear from the form that you sent it that the lien was released in 2005".  You mean other than that I stated clearly in my dispute that it was and the release has big typed letters indicating the date of release and a stamp from the court house showing the date and 'released'.  They had updated the CR to show a release of June, 2014 and that date is nowhere on any form.  Oh well, guess I'll have to wait a big longer.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last update.  Took them three hours and now it's deleted.  Woohoo!

Message 7 of 8
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

Late to the party, but the answer to your question is that Equifax is run Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunn. You get what you don't pay for with them. 

Starting Scores: 8/13/18: EQ: 556 TU: 521 EX: 544
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.