Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Equifax not updating on myfico?

tag
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

Why is Equifax not updating on myfico?

Ok, I've had some major account changes on my equifax report (some say split file) yet Myfico is only reporting new inquiries. The new Buckle card I approved for is already on Experian and Equifax but only reporting experian here...any insight?

CH 7 BK discharged 05/15 goal scores 680 across the board
Current Score: TU 657 EQ 676 EX 657 FICO pull 03/20/17

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why is Equifax not updating on myfico?

Mind did the same thing. Last update was back in September. The other 2 updated all the time. When I pulled my new report yesterday I was surprised it went from a 595 to a 647...I had no clue because myfico didn't update just that one.
I thought it was just me. Equifax didn't update for almost a month. TU and EX did.
Message 2 of 5
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I noticed that my EQ is also very slow to update on here also.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit monitoring at myFICO has different triggers for each CRA. Some are common, while others are not. Take a look at http://www.myfico.com/Products/FAQ_Alert-Matrix.html which shows what changes in each report triggers an alert/change for myFICO monitoring. For example, change in credit limit reported to EQ and TU will not trigger myFICO to go and get new information from theses CRAs. There are many other factors that are not common among all CRAs.

Obviously, when you pull reports, all data is pulled and scores are updated.
Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@SupraTurbo2jz wrote:

Ok, I've had some major account changes on my equifax report (some say split file) yet Myfico is only reporting new inquiries. The new Buckle card I approved for is already on Experian and Equifax but only reporting experian here...any insight?

If you do have a split file that would be a problem.  Have you pulled your EQ report to confirm?  To confirm what's going on you'd need to pull the report -- which is the official record -- anyway.  If the report is correct and the changes were triggers (refer to the link provided above and make sure you understand the triggers if you're going to rely on myFICO monitoring) then you'd need to contact myFICO to have it sorted out.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.