cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my Spouse's account on MY Credit report???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is my Spouse's account on MY Credit report???

I didn't sign ANYthing to do with her business, let alone her credit account, yet it shows up in MY credit report which also btw says I have too many credit accounts!!

So, why is my Spouse's account on MY Credit report?

and can I force them to remove it?

THANKS

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Why is my Spouse's account on MY Credit report???

Nicely ask the CB to remove it as not your account.

OR

Nicely ask the creditor to remove it from the CB because it's not your account.

Message 2 of 4
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

She may have requested a second card for you and added you as an authorized user.  You would not have had to sign for anything.  It's still basically the same fix.  You cancel the AU card and then ask them to stop reporting or dispute with CR as not mine.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
jackg
Established Contributor

Before you do anything I suggest you talk to your wife. She may have a good reason for you to be an authorized user which is exactly your status at this point. After all, it could help your score but not if the card has high utilization.

Good Luck

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.