cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the Fico score reported on this site different than others I pull?

tag
Chloe1031

Why is the Fico score reported on this site different than others I pull?

My score on this site was about 30 points higher than when I was offered a free credit score report from my Barclays card.  What would cause that much difference and how can I get it to be the same across the board?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why is the Fico score reported on this site different than others I pull?

@Chloe1031 wrote:

My score on this site was about 30 points higher than when I was offered a free credit score report from my Barclays card.  What would cause that much difference and how can I get it to be the same across the board?

The score here is TU '98, the Barclay's score is TU '08.

They simply score the reports differently and there's going to be some disparity between them.  I would suggest not focusing on the score: focus on the report data instead.  If you have a pretty report, you'll get a pretty score from virtually any risk analysis model FICO or otherwise.

        
Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Chloe1031 wrote:

how can I get it to be the same across the board?

You won't.  There are so many different models and scores can be based on differing data on reports.  All your scores will never be the same.

Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Chloe1031 wrote:

You won't.  There are so many different models and scores can be based on differing data on reports.  All your scores will never be the same.

+1

Message 4 of 5
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Chloe1031 wrote:

You won't.  There are so many different models and scores can be based on differing data on reports.  All your scores will never be the same.

+1

IF your scores are ever the same, buy a LOTTO ticket right away!!!  You're one very lucky person if that should happen!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.