2 First Premier credit 300, 250

1 House hold one for 200.00 just canceled

1 Jewerlry store for 1000.00 balance 130.00
1 card for house repairs of 5000.00 Just got it. Zero balance
3 student loans one almost paid off

2 paid collection for under 80.00
1 Phone collection from 2002
1 more collection from 2003

I have one more account coming up soon for 10,000 am joint on an account that maxed for emergency house repair. Payment 100.00 will pay a lot more on it.

I plan on paying all collection in 3 months and am paying down all my accounts.

Question is how do I get a score off 680 quickly. My 2 sons just moved 2 hours away and I want to move closer to them. If I can't get a higher score soon I may have to wait even longer to live close to them. Any advise is wanted I was told by a company once i pay off my collection. I can reapply for there cards. How many cards will it take to reach my goal of 680.

Everyone above 610...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why my score so low with all my accounts

those 4 collections are kicking you in the head. try to send debt validation letters, wait 30 days and if they validate send a letter to pay for delete. lots of threads on how to do this is the general creditforums.
Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Paying all of your cards off to $0 except one at under 10% will help bunches. Since that one joint account has such a high credit limit ($10K), that will be the easiest one to have under 10%, so $900 or less, and the others paid off. Tough to do, maybe, but very rewarding!

Please realize that simply paying your collections (which IMO is the right thing to do, if they're legit) will not make them go away. You need to get as many as possible paid with a PFD (pay for delete) agreement IN WRITING from the collection agency. Each PFD'd account will cease to display on your report.

Check at the top of General Credit Issues for the Frequently Requested Threads folder and check inside for info on PFD's. They need to be done right, though, so make sure you've done your reading first.

Moving to General Credit Issues.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
liz9100
Regular Contributor

Well, I did pay off 2 collection accounts and hope this will help with my points. I also paid off 1 visa account I had. This should show in 30 days from today. I also paid down 25% on two credit cards then paid 500.00 towards my Jc Penny card my balance is only 250.00 on a 800.00 credit limit. To this day I still have no idea how I got this card given to me.

The 10,000 credit card is on Installment so I can't use it again. So I plan on paying this bill biweekly so I can pay it off quicker. I plan on making payment of 125 every two weeks.
Everyone above 610...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying the collections will not make your score go up.  It will just show as paid.  They will drop off in 7 years.
Message 5 of 6
liz9100
Regular Contributor

I was told by the company I applied for credit from. I had to pay it off if I wanted new credit cards. I guess am really stuck so I have to pay up. The best thing is I get a new card and in a few years it off my credit report. Macy said I would of been approved and Old Navy and 2 other accounts. I hope it ends up being a good card.
Everyone above 610...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.