cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why shouldn't you include a signature with your correspondence? Sending out DV letters.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why shouldn't you include a signature with your correspondence? Sending out DV letters.

Hi all,
New to these forums, been poking around and reading as I map out my plan of attack.  I've read the stickies, FAQ's, Credit 101, etc. -- just have a simple question (for now!)

Why do some of you emphasize that you don't sign your name in corresondence to CA/CRA/OCs?

I am writing and sending my DV letters to 2 CA's and now I'm worried about signing my name.  Is it really that important to either sign or not sign? Just looking for some input.

Also, this is the text of my letter (figured it out from reading posts here . . . ) if you want to critique and let me know if I should sign or not . . .

Via Certified Mail #:  7003 0500 0003 7340 3416

To Whom It May Concern:

I received your letter dated 11/12/07 claiming I owe you a debt.  In accordance with FDCPA, send me validation of this debt.  From this point on, please continue all correspondence as written correspondence and not via telephone.

Sincerely,

Kay129

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why shouldn't you include a signature with your correspondence? Sending out DV letters.

I've read that you shouldn't sign because an underhanded ca may scan your signiture and then photocopy it onto a document that they are then going to use to answer you dv.  Did I explain that well enough? 
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why shouldn't you include a signature with your correspondence? Sending out DV letters.

Yeah, that definitely makes sense.

Just wondering if they'll challenge the validity of my letter w/out a signature.

THanks.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I worried about the same thing but so far, I haven't had any problems.  Im working mostly on my DH credit report and have used the letter for multiple accounts.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.