Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why?

I posted before about inquiries from 2006 showing as being a negative for me. I understand that they shouldn't count against me since they are so old but this is
what's showing up under inquiries when I pull my Experian report from here. Take
notice to the last two inquiries. Why are they showing? MyFico is only suppose
to show inquiries that negatively effect your score correct?

Inquiries affecting your FICO® score
Total: 9 Times
Date Company making the inquiry
January 09, 2008 Discover Financial Ser
January 02, 2008 Amex
December 07, 2007 Bank Of America
December 07, 2007 Amex
November 30, 2007 Bank Of America
November 29, 2007 Bank Of America
November 26, 2007 Credco
April 17, 2006 Cba/Mortgage Services/
April 01, 2006 Cba/Mortgage Services/
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why?

bump
Message 2 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Hmm - that is odd.  MyFICO normally only shows the last 12 months, which would exclude two of those inqs
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I am wondering. Why is it showing as counting against me?

Here is what I get when I look at the inquiries on the actual Experian sight:

Requests Viewed By Others

According to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, credit grantors with a permissible purpose may review your credit information. When a request for your credit history is made, a record of who made the request and the reason they reviewed your credit will display on your credit report for two years.

The following information is part of your credit history and is provided to others.

DISCOVER FINANCIAL SERVI
Date: January 9, 2008

AMEX
Date: January 2, 2008

AMEX
Date: December 7, 2007

BANK OF AMERICA

BANK OF AMERICA
Date: November 30, 2007

BANK OF AMERICA
Date: November 29, 2007

CREDCO
Date: November 26, 2007

BANK OF AMERICA
Date: May 30, 2006

BANK OF AMERICA

BANK OF AMERICA

CBA/MORTGAGE SERVICES/NJ
Date: April 17, 2006

CBA/MORTGAGE SERVICES/NJ
Date: April 1, 2006

The Bank of America pulls from 2006 aren't showing on MyFico, just the CBA/Mortgage. I wonder what gives. Does anyone know who I would contact to have it corrected on MyFico?
Message 4 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

MyFICO shows only the inqs that count against your score - hard inqs in the last 12 months.  The actual CRA CR shows all inqs (hard) over the last two years, even though they don't count against your score for the second year. 
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

. . . .this is what's showing up under inquiries when I pull my Experian report from here. Take notice to the last two inquiries. Why are they showing? MyFico is only suppose to show inquiries that negatively effect your score correct?

April 17, 2006 Cba/Mortgage Services/
April 01, 2006 Cba/Mortgage Services/

If these are displaying on your FICO EX report, as well as on your full EX, something's screwy. Don't know if they are being counted or just displaying, but they shouldn't even be displaying.

I would e-mail customer service and copy/ paste this on to your e-mail. Click on the Support tab at the top of the page, and there's a link for e-mail. With luck, you can get your answer from them. If not, please post back, and maybe we can get someone else to take a look.

That's very odd. I've never seen older inqs display on any of my FICO reports, or on those of my family.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

experian shows two years. I took a 19 pt. drop for inquiry that took me to 5 in two years.  Got an alert from them.  A lot of lenders use them so it's a pain in the butt.  I use their credit expert for monitoring.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

MV, I understand that the Experian sight shows the past two years. What I am saying is that the first post is from MyFico which is showing the 2 pulls from 2006. The second post is from the Experian website which is also showing the 2 pulls from 2006 but also an additional 3 pulls from BofA in 2006.

Wow, that sounds confusing! I'll do what you suggested HTSU and send an email to customer service. Something is definitely screwy here.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok-
Lets not even worry about the ones over 1 year old-
FICO is going to de-dup these for scoring-
1 for Discover, 1 for Amex, 1 for BofA and 1 for Credco-

There are a few lenders that migh complain about the number of INQ's -  But this is not an excessive number IMO-

DISCOVER FINANCIAL SERVI
Date: January 9, 2008

AMEX
Date: January 2, 2008

AMEX

BANK OF AMERICA

BANK OF AMERICA
Date: November 30, 2007

BANK OF AMERICA
Date: November 29, 2007

CREDCO
Date: November 26, 2007
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, thanks Timothy. BofA really pisses me off because I applied for a loan with them and they pulled my credit the day I applied and the day after. When I called and asked the CSR to remove the extra one he had a horrible attitude. I wanted to reach through the phone and ...............use your imagination. Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.