Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhyChat HIPAA letter

tag
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

WhyChat HIPAA letter

Who should I send it to?

The doctor, the hospital or the billing service? I received a bill from the billing service. Billing service informed us who the doctors were and which hospital.

Who should I send the letters to?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Re: WhyChat HIPAA letter

I've been looking for the same answer for a couple of days.  I want to know if I send it to the Chiroprator, the billing service or the Collection Agency who never notified me!!  Good luck to you.  Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WhyChat HIPAA letter

The original billing statement that included the breakdown of services you received usually has the dispute address somewhere on the bill.  If you did not receive a detailed breakdown of services received, then you should request one.

IMO - Sending your dispute to the medical billing address (Attn: Legal Dept) should be sufficient, but . . . to cover all basis, call the hospital/doctor and ask where you should send disputes.  If the hospital/doctor gives you the address of the medical billing company, then Google the hospital/doctor and send the dispute to both the physical address (Attn: Legal Dept) of the hospital/doctor and the billing address (Attn: Legal Dept) provided by the hospital/doctor.

Message Edited by dwarfess on 01-27-2008 08:20 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.