cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wild variances in credit scores

tag
dmh

Wild variances in credit scores

New to this forum, but wanted to get other people's take on the huge variances in report scores across several different agencies. I have had problems with my credit including 2 public records: a bankruptcy in 2005 and a tax lien that was just paid off in Feb 2012. I do have one credit card currently, but do not carry a balance, I pay it off in full every month. No collections or other negative accounts. I would like to get another credit card in the next few months and just today pulled all of my reports.  This is what was reported:

Myfico (Equifax): 690

Myfico (Transunion): 702

Experian (directly from Experian) 727

Equifax (directly from Equifax) 684

and then from the "free" sites:

Credit Sesame: 696

Credit Karma: 657

Quizzle: 637

All of these scores were pulled on the same day, by the way. Does anyone have opinions on which might be most accurate? What are my chances of getting another credit card (or future auto loan) with these scores? I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wild variances in credit scores

hello and welcome  which credit card are you currently carrying? When are the 2 judgements due to fall off your credit report? Your scores are good but i would suggest applying for the walmart discover first.

Message 2 of 6
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

The myfico FICO's are real, the rest are fake.

Your scores are good, you should be able to get something decent, but remember anything you had in your BK has you blacklisted most likely, so don't waste time with those.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 6
dmh

Thanks for responding Wally. The bankruptcy will drop off 10/2015 (3 more years!) and I just paid the state tax lien off this year, so that will be on the report until 2018, probably.  I have a capital one platinum card that I have since 2007, $5000 CL. What are the advantages of the Walmart Discovery card? I don't know anything about it.

Message 4 of 6
dmh

whipster: I had heard that, but I had a capital one card that was part of my BK and they offered me a pre-approved card 2 years after my discharge. Go figure!

Message 5 of 6
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

The walmart discover is bankruptcy friendly. This card will grow with you big time. If you apply for the walmart discover but they approve you for just the walmart then you will only be able to use the card at walmart and sams club but the discover version you can use anywhere that accepts discover logo. Also you get a free fico score with transunion if you get either card just sign up for paperless statements. I believe this should be your next step let the card age. Congrats on your capital one limit.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.