cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Email Addresses, Facebook IDs, etc Be Shown in Credit Reports?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Email Addresses, Facebook IDs, etc Be Shown in Credit Reports?

I'm curious whether any of the major credit bureaus are considering adding Email addresses, Facebook IDs, etc to credit reports.

Seems surprising such data isn't already being reported. Heck, even debt collectors, by and large, still rely mostly on calling verses contacting via Email, Facebook, etc.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will Email Addresses, Facebook IDs, etc Be Shown in Credit Reports?

The good news is that regardless that section is pretty easy for a consumer to control.  If you don't like having them show tons of addresses there, you can have the CRA delete most of them.  You must have at least one correct street address and I typically allow one more to show just so they have two (the current address and the one before that).  Other than that it's not hard to get additional addresses removed, and no problem to get cell phone numbers and employment history and so forth removed.

So aside from an accurate street address, social, birthdate, and full name, you can trim that section way down.  I would certainly do that if they put an email address or anything like that in there.

Message 2 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

no
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.