Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will GoodWill work for this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will GoodWill work for this?

I have three installment (student) loans that were each past due once back in September of 2003--so it's been almost 4 years since any late payments.

Do you think I'll have any luck writing goodwill letters to the Lenders to get these late payments removed? I plan on saying it was because I lost my job (this is true) and I could not afford to pay them (needed to eat) between jobs.

Do you think they will be understanding? Anyone have success and/or bad stories of GW letters working?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will GoodWill work for this?

Sallie Mae?
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i rehabbed my sl's and sallie mae wouldn't give me a gw delete on the lates for love nor money...but the accounts dropped when i did a dv.  of course the accounts had been closed and refi'ed when i disputed.

Message Edited by dog on 06-20-2007 02:12 PM
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Sallie-MAe The three loans are serviced by a company called ACS and the loans are as follows:

ACS/1ST MARBLEHEAD EDU
BRAZOS
AFSA/BRAZO
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

so you see basically my lenders are not sallie mae
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh well, I called ACS, they said to FAX them the goodwill letter and they will think about it--

There must be someone out there who has had experience with Goodwill letter writing for student loans...
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

if i consalidate my loans and the new lender decides after the loan is payed off to remove the lates will the sallie mae lates be removed as well?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

no.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im sending off a GW tomorrow for some older student loan accts that are serviced with EDFINANCIAL.  I'll let you kow how it goes.
Message 9 of 10
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

my student loan went to 120 days late and i refi'ed it and when it was paid off they removed all the late payments.  Im dealing with sallie mae now i missed a few payments when i left for basic military training and sent them a GW letter and am waiting for them to respond now. I guess it all depends on the company.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.