Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will WaMu approve me?

tag
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will WaMu approve me?

Hey, Tuscani, are you still on? And Hi, again, all.

I have a question regarding Washington Mutual.  Well, a couple.  First, do you have a WaMu card?  Are you -- wise advisor and trusted contributor, upon whom so many of us rely (like Noah and Brammy and LadyFi)  satisfied with them?  Brammy spoke much about them, and I've read the posts, but I'm leary of a turn down, or another $500 card, too, right now, even because one of my credit pitfalls is low credit limits.  (You'd think the CRAS would prefer it that way, huh?) 
But anyway, I'm looking at two Wamu offers of credit, so no one be discouraged.  They will continue to send them, honestly. )    What's the difference between an invitation and a pre-approval?  I have until day after tomorrow to reply to one, which reads:  Get a 0% fixed APR until June 1, 2008 on balances transferred now.  What does the NOW mean?  Credit Limit up to $7500, it says.  Yeah right.

The other doesn't say it's from Washington Mutual but I think it must be.  Or Providian, maybe?  The offer's the same, the cards to choose from are the same, and it has the free Fico monitorring.  I blew the chance at one, when my scores were higher.  3.99 fixed for the duration, on balance transfers and 10% back on gas.  That offer expired in March.  I really don't want another card.  I have enough.  But to think about saving all that interest on all the three 4 and 5 hundred dollar cards sure is tempting. 

Do you suppose I should wait until after I'm done disputing with Sun Trust?  I talked to the main branch today, and demanded to speak with someone who could resolve this mess now.  They put me through to a manager who said he'd take care of it.  It will be fixed or off the credit within two weeks.  Of course, I had to threaten them with the FTC and suit. 

That's another thing (and am I asking too many questions?) .  I have heard Washington Mutual pulls Transunion.  My TU score, from TU, is lower than my TU Fico, from MyFico.  Which one will they use should I decide to apply?   

Thanks. 

just me.
Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anybody gotten a CLI upon Activation from WaMu???

Do I have a chance? Are they going to pull my report again?

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a card I got last September.  At that time they did not do cli at activation, but it may have changed. My understanding is the CLI will not come till after one year of on-time payments.
Message 13 of 30
Cory
Established Contributor

Irvin wrote:
Has anybody gotten a CLI upon Activation from WaMu???

Do I have a chance? Are they going to pull my report again?

Irvin, slow down and breath, lol. You are getting credit from everyone now. You already want an increase and haven't even gotten the card yet. That's great that you are getting approved hope you take care of it.

You can host your own seminar on credit cards now lol. You and Tuscani.

I will never get into the mess I got myself into again in life. For now on I will have no more than 3 major credit cards, lol.

Cory

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha. you are right. i gotta do my best try not to get in trouble again. I had to get new lines of credit because i only had 1. But this is it, nomore new credit for me for as long as possible.

Message 15 of 30
cabledude27
New Contributor

These guys keep pre-approving and inviting me then declining me. I had a providian that I thought was sold to Emerge Visa but they keep declining me and I see from further inspection of my CR that I had another Providian that was put under my Bankruptcy. It's so annoying as they send me these "pre approves/invites" every week, if they are declining me due to the Providian bankruptcy cant they flag me or something so that I stop getting the offers? I mean what do they see when the check me for the pre approved offers? Apparently not that little piece of info. Other than the obvious (throw out the pre approvals I get from them) is there any advice on anything I can do about the declines or pre approvals from them?
Ch 13 Filed - Apr 02, 2018
Last Payment Made - March 10th, 2023
Discharge - 5/16/23
FICO 8 Scores as of 5/17/23 - EQ - 659, TU - 600, EX - 670
8/17/23 - FICO 8 Scores EQ - 716, TU - 725, EX - 721
Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cabledude27 wrote:
These guys keep pre-approving and inviting me then declining me. I had a providian that I thought was sold to Emerge Visa but they keep declining me and I see from further inspection of my CR that I had another Providian that was put under my Bankruptcy. It's so annoying as they send me these "pre approves/invites" every week, if they are declining me due to the Providian bankruptcy cant they flag me or something so that I stop getting the offers? I mean what do they see when the check me for the pre approved offers? Apparently not that little piece of info. Other than the obvious (throw out the pre approvals I get from them) is there any advice on anything I can do about the declines or pre approvals from them?

Sounds like the only way to get back in their graces would be to settle the old discharged debt. Obviously you don't want to do that? Start tossing them in the trash on the way into the house?
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

For WAMU Specifically. **Wamu does strange things with apps. Before you apply, make sure you have either a 0$ balance or very very close to $0 on your credit reports with all other credit cards. It will improve your odds greatly with WAMU. They do not like UTL when applying.
Message 18 of 30
Cory
Established Contributor

Irvin wrote:
haha. you are right. i gotta do my best try not to get in trouble again. I had to get new lines of credit because i only had 1. But this is it, nomore new credit for me for as long as possible.

Yeah right, you are going to apply again after you read this post. lolSmiley Very Happy

You have like 20 credit cards now?

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha. I am 4 right now...

but 20 is not thatttt far away. Almost there.

haha jk
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.