cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will an "attorney fee" civil judgment go on my credit report?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Will an "attorney fee" civil judgment go on my credit report?

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello - so, i will have a bogus attorney fee judgment against me entered next week in the trial court. It will likely be overturned on appeal, but until then, it will "enter" at the trial court. Let's assume the worst: that it contains my name, address, DOB, and SSN ...... which means that it will *not* be prevented from entry by the new law going into effect on 7/1 regarding reporting of civil judgments and tax liens on credit reports.

So my question relates to this: is the fact that this is *not* related to an unpaid loan/CC relevant as to whether the CRA's will put this on my 3 CR's? I've heard differing answers - one guy in another forum says that because this has nothing to do with unpaid loan agreements, the CRA's wont enter it. 

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

1. The judgment will not contain that type of data.

2. Most judgments historically haven't turned up in people's credit reports. Some do, some don't.

Thanks.....so even though my opponents have all that data, (address, DOB, and SSN) the court wont enter it as part of the judgment? 

Nope. Address will be there. Date of birth and social security number won't.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello - so, i will have a bogus attorney fee judgment against me entered next week in the trial court. It will likely be overturned on appeal, but until then, it will "enter" at the trial court. Let's assume the worst: that it contains my name, address, DOB, and SSN ...... which means that it will *not* be prevented from entry by the new law going into effect on 7/1 regarding reporting of civil judgments and tax liens on credit reports.

So my question relates to this: is the fact that this is *not* related to an unpaid loan/CC relevant as to whether the CRA's will put this on my 3 CR's? I've heard differing answers - one guy in another forum says that because this has nothing to do with unpaid loan agreements, the CRA's wont enter it. 

2. Most judgments historically haven't turned up in people's credit reports. Some do, some don't.

Thanks.....so even though my opponents have all that data, (address, DOB, and SSN) the court wont enter it as part of the judgment? 

Very cool, thank you!  Curious, since you know this area..... my research shows that about 5% of civil judgments *do* have name, address, and either DOB or SSN .... do you know what type of civil judgment would have this info?  

Message 12 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Very cool, thank you!  Curious, since you know this area..... my research shows that about 5% of civil judgments *do* have name, address, and either DOB or SSN .... do you know what type of civil judgment would have this info?  

I'm guessing tax liens.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm guessing tax liens.

thanks.....they were specifically referring to non tax-lien civil judgments

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.