Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my score continue dropping??

tag
dianadd81
New Visitor

Will my score continue dropping??

I had something hit my credit report from a collections agency for a medical bill and I noticed with this came a 15 point drop in my credit score. My question is once it has hit the credit report is it a one time drop for the most part or will my score continue to drop every month now if I do not pay it in full? I have a relatively good credit score but right now I'm not in the postion to pay the 3K.

Just wasn't sure so thought I would ask someone who might know...thanks for any insight!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JadaBump
Established Member

Re: Will my score continue dropping??

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

It's a one time hit to your score.  There is no domino effect, for the lenght of time unpaid. I hope this helps.  

IN THE GARDEN 4/30/14 TIL 4/30/16
STARTING FICO SCORES 5/13/13 EQ 449, TU 438, EX ?
FICO SCORES 4/18/14 EQ 753, TU 726, EX 770
Message 2 of 3
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will my score continue dropping??

@JadaBump wrote:

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

It's a one time hit to your score.  There is no domino effect, for the lenght of time unpaid. I hope this helps.  

+1. Paid or unpaid, the damage is done, and with time, your score will slightly increase, but never fully recover until it's removed.

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.