0nortled

Will sale of home affect my credit score?

I will be selling my home and moving to a new town shortly.  Over the next 6-12 months, I will be renting while saving up enough for a down payment and rebuilding my credit so that my middle credit score (EX: 687) is over 700.  I was playing around with a score simulator on some website and it showed a loss of points if i no longer had a mortgage.  Can someone please confirm what, if any, impact paying off my mortgage will have on my credit score?

Thanks

MarineVietVet

Re: Will sale of home affect my credit score?

0nortled wrote:

I will be selling my home and moving to a new town shortly.  Over the next 6-12 months, I will be renting while saving up enough for a down payment and rebuilding my credit so that my middle credit score (EX: 687) is over 700.  I was playing around with a score simulator on some website and it showed a loss of points if i no longer had a mortgage.  Can someone please confirm what, if any, impact paying off my mortgage will have on my credit score?

Thanks

Hello and welcome.

You might lose a few points because scoring likes to see a mix of credit but closed accounts are still factored into that mix and credit mix is only 10% of your total score anyway.

It's not something I would personally be concerned about.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}