Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will score change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will score change?

My purse was stolen last month.  I had to close all of my accounts and have new cards issued.  Since new accounts are being opened will this lower my score?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will score change?

No - what should happen is the cc companies will delete the TL info and re-report the same info with a new account number. Same age, balance, payment history, etc.  I have seen accounts listed as "stolen card" - but that was to explain why an account was closed. I would, however, follow up and make sure they all do that. And I'm sorry about your purse!
Message 2 of 5
Lucky7z
Regular Contributor

the same thing happened 2 me about a month ago they reported it as lost and stole and its showing my account as closed i think they should delet it it looks bad on the credit report
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just be sure to check your report frequently in the next few months to ensure that the CCCs are reporting accurately.

Your score should not change, but with FICO, wonders never cease.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My purse was stolen last month. I had to close all of my accounts and have new cards issued. Since new accounts are being opened will this lower my score?

Not if you asked them to change replace with new account numbers. They move age of accounts and all history to the new credit card.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.