Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this disappear next year?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will this disappear next year?

I am still trying to understand what sorts of things will disappear and what sorts of things won't disappear next year (7 years after BK).  I ask because it seems like accounts that are closed in good standing seem to stay on your CR forever (maybe they don't really, but it seems so).  Listed below is an account that was resolved in my BK, and while it doesn't show any late payments, it does show that I had the account for less than a year, went $200+ over my limit and then rolled it into a BK. Not a good thing to see.  I would love to see it go away completely. Is that what is likely to happen next year?

Date opened  Dec, 2000
Date of last activity May, 2001
Date paid out  May, 2001
Date closed May, 2001
Credit Card Credit limit $1,500
Largest past balance $1,717
Credit Type  Revolving Account
Account holder Individual Account
Descriptions
  • Account closed by consumer/Chapter 7

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will this disappear next year?

It should be off in June 08. You can try disputing it now and maybe get it removed a few months early.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

KevKaos wrote:
I am still trying to understand what sorts of things will disappear and what sorts of things won't disappear next year (7 years after BK).  I ask because it seems like accounts that are closed in good standing seem to stay on your CR forever (maybe they don't really, but it seems so).  Listed below is an account that was resolved in my BK, and while it doesn't show any late payments, it does show that I had the account for less than a year, went $200+ over my limit and then rolled it into a BK. Not a good thing to see.  I would love to see it go away completely. Is that what is likely to happen next year?

Date opened  Dec, 2000
Date of last activity May, 2001
Date paid out  May, 2001
Date closed May, 2001
Credit Card Credit limit $1,500
Largest past balance $1,717
Credit Type  Revolving Account
Account holder Individual Account
Descriptions
  • Account closed by consumer/Chapter 7

closed accounts in good standing stay on CR 10 years. Baddies stay 7 years.

This is a thread by NOAH. It will explain drop off times & state laws.  some state laws are in your favor but only apply to law suits that could be filed against you, NOT drop off time limits. 

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-02-2007 04:45 PM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

looking at the numbers...it seems like it was a baddie. I would say it would come off next year also.
Message 4 of 6
jackg
Established Contributor

Accounts that are closed and in good standing are the accounts you want to report forever. They are excellent for "AGING". DO NOT try to get them removed, you'll be sorry.
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jackg wrote:
Accounts that are closed and in good standing are the accounts you want to report forever. They are excellent for "AGING". DO NOT try to get them removed, you'll be sorry.

Descriptions

* Account closed by consumer/Chapter 7
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.