tag
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Will this hurt or help?

Date Opened:12/07. Reported Since:01/08
Date of Status:01/12. Fully paid: 01/12
Closed!

April, may, June 2008 and Feb 2009: experian shows "NO DATA"

Nov and Dec 2009: shows 30-60 late payment due to unemployment.

Everything else shows "OK." Will it hurt me or help me if I can successfully delete this off my report for being "incomplete?"

I would appreciate feedback.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Will this hurt or help?

Regardless of possible impact on your credit score, I dont see a legitimate basis for deletion of the account delinquencies based on the posted facts.

The account delinquencies were either accurate or they were not, so deletion of their reporting would be based on a showing that they did not occur.

After reporting the delinquencies, they had no obligation to report further unless prior information required updating to maintain its accuracy.

Thus, I see no basis for asserting failure to provide "complete" reporting.

Additionally, even had further reporting been required, the party always has the opportunity to first correct any inaccuracies in prior reporting in a dispute.

Deletion of the disputed reporting is only required if they are unable to either verify its accuracy or correct it so as to now make it accurate.

Message 2 of 7
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

I was hoping for the entire account to be deleted if the furnisher won't be able to complete the report. I was hoping they would reflect the monthly timely payment in replacement to "No Data"

I read on the web: "You have the right to dispute incomplete or inaccurate information. If you identify information in your file that is incomplete or inaccurate, and report it to the consumer reporting agency, the agency must investigate unless your dispute is frivolous"

If months are being labeled as "NO DATA" when timely monthly payment were actually made, is this still considered "complete" report?

I was not hoping that they delete the delinquencies, but hoping that the account will be deleted all together if furnisher cannot complete the reporting.

Thanks
Message 3 of 7
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

+1. While a late is a late, it did occur so it is not inacccurate. Just because there is "no data" reporting, it will not  factor as negative. It just means that that file did not recieve or update information for that period. Thus, neither positively or negatively. You do not say what else is in your report, however generally speaking, deleting an entire trade line often hurts your AAOA. .According to a couple of my loan officers, a late payment or two after 4 years are mostly overlooked although they still report for seven years. I went from 8k to 25k on one credit card in the last four days with a 90 day late reporting about three years ago. That 90 day late was of course preceeded by a 60 day late and two 30 day lates, totalling four lates in a row. My account showed an additional late four years ago on a different account. IMHU, from tracking my Fico Score changes, it appears on my account that the lates have damaged most up to four years as I am now in the upper seven hundreds with the simulator showing over 800 in less than eighteen months.. Of course YMMV, best wishes for success!

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 4 of 7
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

I thank you **bleep**, some late, and some "no data", is it still consider "complete"?
Message 5 of 7
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Don't know what happened with that post it seems this iPhone or this **bleep**, what does the **bleep**
Message 6 of 7
Sarah
Administrator Emeritus

The **bleep** issue has been fixed -- it was a matter of altering our spam filter. Apologies for the inconvenience -- please carry on as you were Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.