Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this work?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will this work?

Very long story but I have a duplicate student loan showing up on my account under 2 different account numbers.  One says "paid,closed/collection account" and the other one just says "claim filed with government/collection account" .. I just found my wage garnsihment paperwork that shows the second account number, the "claim filed with governent..." account.  I also have a letter with this account number showing that I paid.  I know that they are the same but duplicates but I have been unable to fight it thus far because I don't have proof that they are the same.  However, I'm hoping that if i show the cras the paid paper, I can get the status changed on this account.... Will this help my score?  It started in 2005 and the last payment was made this year.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will this work?

From what fused said about my verizon collection ($66) - only paid and deleted will help.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady Scarlet,

This account is paid in full but the problem is, it is showing up 2x on my credit report with two different account numbers because it went to one dept before it went into garnishment.  I have a letter from the oc that states this but somehow I can't get it off my credit report.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

getting one removed will help... fax the letter with a dispute to each bureau
Message 4 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

This is happening to me too. I tried contating both companies for last 8 months with no progress. When I dispute both of them coming back as verified. One if it is showing 28 times 90+ and dragging my score down. I am thinking of taking up my case with DOE. With out getting these negatives I am not sure if I can get my scores up. I was going to work on this once I get few others cleanedup. I think I should take a serious look at this and get it cleanedup.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.