Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish Me Luck...

tag
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

Wish Me Luck...

I have a CO sitting on my report from my Ex-wife's car.  It was awarded to her in the divorce decree and it was stated that I am to be held harmless and indemnified in regards to any payments and debt therein.  Well, she didn't make the payments and the car was repossessed.  I've tried working through the finance company and they say it's not their problem, it's a civil matter.  Which according the law is technically correct.

I just sent off dispute letters to the CRA's along with a copy of the divorce decree and payment history that clearly shows that the payments or lack thereof, and repo were clearly after we were divorced.  Let's see what happens.

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Wish Me Luck...

Good luck hope it works out 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Throwing tons of good luck your way!  Go get them!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@KellyP25721 wrote:

I have a CO sitting on my report from my Ex-wife's car.  It was awarded to her in the divorce decree and it was stated that I am to be held harmless and indemnified in regards to any payments and debt therein.  Well, she didn't make the payments and the car was repossessed.  I've tried working through the finance company and they say it's not their problem, it's a civil matter.  Which according the law is technically correct.

I just sent off dispute letters to the CRA's along with a copy of the divorce decree and payment history that clearly shows that the payments or lack thereof, and repo were clearly after we were divorced.  Let's see what happens.

Wishing you luck Smiley Happy hope it all works out for you

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.