Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish me luck!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish me luck!

After reading these boards and analyzing my situation for a few months, I finally mailed off the letters.

Sent 5 DV's(over 2 debts) and 3 PFD's today and have 1 dispute in progress with Equifax. Sent them all Certified and Return Receipt Requested.

Hopefully I'll be getting some green cards and letters soon.

Edit: Also, does anyone know of a sample letter out there to use to ask a CC to reopen your account if you PIF the CA? It is past SOL and is about to fall off, the age and credit line would help my score I believe. As it is the oldest thing on the report.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 02-12-2008 07:17 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Karma2678

Re: Wish me luck!

Not too sure about asking an OC to open an old account. However, since you already sent out the DV letters and are waiting on the green cards I would suggest trying the 1-2 punch.  The 1-2 punch has been really effective at getting CA removed.

Once you get back the green cards, dispute those accounts with the CRA's. The reason this is effective is because the CA's cannot collect until they properly validate with you. This means the CA cannot report back to the bureau until they have sent you validation. Since the CA's have 30 days to respond before the CRA's delete the time usually runs out and the account is removed.

I am not saying this always works, but it is an effective tool and is worth a shot.

Hope this helps
IN GOD WE TRUST ~ ALL OTHERS MUST DOCUMENT!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wish me luck!

Well Midland Credit Management and MidSouth Credit Bureau  - sent both DVs - received theirs today according to the USPS website.

So the journey starts...........
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.