Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wishing I had access to my FICO 08 Bankcard Credit Scores

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Wishing I had access to my FICO 08 Bankcard Credit Scores

@racer-x wrote:

According to he letter I received from US Bank concerning my CLD on my PLOC acct, they use the 'TRANSUNION FICO RISK SCORE CLASSIC 04 BANKCARD'.

And it is 70 pts lower than my TU Fico 08 score, Walmart, and Discover scores. 

They use FICO 04? That's interesting ... Sorry to hear about the CLD.

Message 11 of 15
racer-x
Valued Contributor

HILINE - In 08/14, US Bank had a Bankcard 04 score of 699 when I was approved for the Harley Davidson card.....a few months later and an admitted increase in utilization across the board, they tell me a 619. 

That scoring model must be tough on utilization.  I went from about 15% to 30% utilization in 3 months and back down to sub 20% in a few weeks.  But suffered about $32k in CLD before I could right the ship.  They  were quick to react to my self imposed  AA. lol.

If I didn't have the CLD's with 3 lenders, i'd be around 10% utilization. 

Message 12 of 15
HiLine
Blogger

@racer-x wrote:

HILINE - In 08/14, US Bank had a Bankcard 04 score of 699 when I was approved for the Harley Davidson card.....a few months later and an admitted increase in utilization across the board, they tell me a 619. 

That scoring model must be tough on utilization.  I went from about 15% to 30% utilization in 3 months and back down to sub 20% in a few weeks.  But suffered about $32k in CLD before I could right the ship.  They  were quick to react to my self imposed  AA. lol.

If I didn't have the CLD's with 3 lenders, i'd be around 10% utilization. 

As you can guess, a bankcard score emphasizes credit cards. A high credit card utilization will therefore bear more negative impact. I don't know why your score range is so low, but if you already have negative items on your credit profile, you should lay low for a while. Bring the score up to the mid-700 and you should be fine. 

Message 13 of 15
racer-x
Valued Contributor

HILINE- I have 1 paid collection, utility bill from 2010 (put my name on electric bill for sisters' apt-lesson learned), $165.  No other negs anywhere on all 3 bureaus.

But yea, the 04 Bankcard is crazy low compared to the new bankcard version and the old 02 version that myfico shows....I already paid for the 3 burea report, monthly service, etc.

It will be all good....a few more wks and I will be back in the 700's (08 version at least).  It was a 3 month dip for crying out loud.  Do creditors have no patience...geez. lol.

Message 14 of 15
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CARS, maybe? That's the score they used in the mean, cruel, nasty, soul crushing denial letter when I applied.

Feels worse than a Dear John letter, doesn't it? "Dear scum of the earth: Your score makes it obvious that you're a lifelong deadbeat. We see from your irresponsible number of inquiries (which, by the way, we have printed out and passed around the office to gales of hysterical laughter)  that you're obviously desperate for credit, even though you already  have far more credit cardsthan you deserve. You're probably afflicted with crab lice besides. No sensible lender would ever do business with the likes of you. Go away, get lost and never darken our door again. Fond regards, your favorite rich, untouchable, highly superior banker."

(Sorry, OT.)

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.