Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wishing I had access to my FICO 08 Bankcard Credit Scores

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Wishing I had access to my FICO 08 Bankcard Credit Scores

I really wish there was a way to get a hold of your FICO 08 bankcard score from either TU, EX or EQ without having to have a card from Citi, PenFed, Merrick,etc...

I regret closing my Merrick card last year only because of the free TU fico 08 bankcard score. I have access to all of my FICO 08 scores but man, I'd love a site that would give you the bankcard scores, I would even pay for it ya know lol. 

I get TU 08 FICO from Barclays and all three from myfico.com

I hope that Amex, BOA and Chase when they start to give out their FICO's at least one of them gives a bankcard score instead FICO 08 scores which I have everywhere. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: Wishing I had access to my FICO 08 Bankcard Credit Scores

From what I understand none really uses Bankcard enhanced scores, don't not how useful it would be.. I get the 08 scores here as well so wouldn't mind enhanced scores either just for the sake of having access to it. I have EQ from citi, need EX and. TU now.

Penfed doesn't use bankcard 08, it's NexGen, hardley anyone uses it, even less than bankcard enhanced version.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 2 of 15
ddemari
Super Contributor

From my experience, chase has used bankcard scores. I just want it for variety reasons. And bankcard scores are always much nicer to me. I finally at the point where i have all the cards i want except Discover wony approve me and when im bored i try to get my current cards upgraded.
Message 3 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:
From my experience, chase has used bankcard scores. I just want it for variety reasons. And bankcard scores are always much nicer to me. I finally at the point where i have all the cards i want except Discover wony approve me and when im bored i try to get my current cards upgraded.

We've had recent reports of Chase using a range which looks suspiciously like FICO 8 Bankcard enhanced, but there was no mention of FICO nor the trademark anywhere on it... which means it probably was an internal score.

        
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

As an aside, you have built a great card lineup! Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
And bankcard scores are always much nicer to me.

The nicer score doesn't really matter unless a creditor you're applying to actually uses the scoring model.  Don't forget that the scoring range is also different with the Bankcard scores.  The data in your reports is still the same even if a particular model gives you a nicer score.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

We've had recent reports of Chase using a range which looks suspiciously like FICO 8 Bankcard enhanced, but there was no mention of FICO nor the trademark anywhere on it... which means it probably was an internal score.

CARS, maybe? That's the score they used in the mean, cruel, nasty, soul crushing denial letter when I applied.

Message 7 of 15
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:

I really wish there was a way to get a hold of your FICO 08 bankcard score from either TU, EX or EQ without having to have a card from Citi, PenFed, Merrick,etc...

I regret closing my Merrick card last year only because of the free TU fico 08 bankcard score. I have access to all of my FICO 08 scores but man, I'd love a site that would give you the bankcard scores, I would even pay for it ya know lol. 

I get TU 08 FICO from Barclays and all three from myfico.com

I hope that Amex, BOA and Chase when they start to give out their FICO's at least one of them gives a bankcard score instead FICO 08 scores which I have everywhere. 

Ask and ye shall recieve :-)

http://www.myfico.com/Products/FICO-Score-3-Report-View/

Read about half way down. You can now view your EQ and EX 08 bankcard scores.

Message 8 of 15
MacMan313
Contributor

I just noticed this today. If you buy a report from myfico it lists the other scores at the bottom. I purchased Equifax

EQ: 646 TU: 653 EX: 658 [CH7 Discharge 10/14]

PayPal Credit $2000 | Credit One Platinum $1200 | Grain $1000 | Capital One Quicksilver $700 | Capital One Quicksilver $500 | BrightWay $500 | Capital One Walmart Rewards $300
Message 9 of 15
racer-x
Valued Contributor

According to he letter I received from US Bank concerning my CLD on my PLOC acct, they use the 'TRANSUNION FICO RISK SCORE CLASSIC 04 BANKCARD'.

And it is 70 pts lower than my TU Fico 08 score, Walmart, and Discover scores. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.