cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With a 520 score can i get a credit card???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: With a 520 score can i get a credit card???

Here are the cards I got at 528.  

Bank of America 99/500

Capital One Platinum

Lendup L Card

Pottery Barn

Express

Kohls

J Crew

Fingerhut

EDIT: just noticed this thread is 10 years old.  Oh well maybe someone will find this list useful. 

Message 21 of 28
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I was just about to point that out BBS
Message 22 of 28
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here are the cards I got at 528.  

Bank of America 99/500

Capital One Platinum

Lendup L Card

Pottery Barn

Express

Kohls

J Crew

Fingerhut

EDIT: just noticed this thread is 10 years old.  Oh well maybe someone will find this list useful. 

Yeah,m I clicked the OP and saw the 2nd post recommending Orchard secured and thought "What? Cap one bought them out in 2011???", and then noticed the post is from 2007. Holy thread resurection!

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems like "store" cards are easier to get than major bank cards, which may be part of the reason why so many people when rebuilding scoop up a stack of store cards.  Unfortunately, after a year or two of rebuilding once a person is able to obtain essentially any cards they want, they look back at those store cards and wish they never got them.  Capital One Platinum may be a decent choice.  Once you get your scores into the mid 600's they'll let you PC it to a QS which is a 1.5% CB card.

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I need a credit card that will report to all 3 CB and approve me for my 520 score so i can start getting my score up, anyone direct me to the right card i will be thankful...

My secretary got, cold app, Cap1 Platinum 200CL.  I checked with her Credit Karma.  No TU fico. Not even CK TU yet.   EQ CK score 53x with two medical collections, assume no EX fico.  

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems like "store" cards are easier to get than major bank cards, which may be part of the reason why so many people when rebuilding scoop up a stack of store cards.  Unfortunately, after a year or two of rebuilding once a person is able to obtain essentially any cards they want, they look back at those store cards and wish they never got them.  Capital One Platinum may be a decent choice.  Once you get your scores into the mid 600's they'll let you PC it to a QS which is a 1.5% CB card.

Nah i don't get your line of thinking.   Store cards are great.  My Pottery Barn gives me zero percent for 12 months.  This is the only card I carry a balance on. Have 5k credit limit that I can easily raise if I so desire.   And J Crew gives you 5 percent back in the form  of gift cards.  I use it all the time.  Plus I got two 20 percent off coupons when I opened JCRew card.  Used them both when they had 30 percent off sales.  Updated my wardrobe pretty cheaply,  I wanted a Target back in January and they turned me down.  I think they have a good program as well with five percent off on everything.  .  But not going to waste a hard pull and a account now that doesn't have sign up bonus.

I just PCed the Cap One to Quicksolver today but it only has 750 dollar limit and we have USAA 1.5 card with a 25k limit and 18 months zero percent interest.  Cap One triple pulls so for the small limit they give you it is easy to regret it.

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your store cards work for you, that's great.  But for every example of someone like you, there are probably 10 examples of the person I described in the previous post.  Also, in my previous post I said that a year or two after getting store cards often the card holder decides to close them down, as they find them less useful and/or appealing than they did at the time they got them.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but you aren't at that point yet [of having them 1-2 years].  I'd be curious to hear your take on all of those store cards when that time comes.

Message 27 of 28
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is now closed due to its age. You are free to start a new thread on the subject if all your questions are not answered.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.