cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With a 520 score can i get a credit card???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: With a 520 score can i get a credit card???

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank u isislc i did go to that site i have applied for 2 so far at 2 different places let me wait and c if i actually get them or not. and for princessofpink yes i am kinda desperate (reason) is i have neglected my credit in the past and beggars can't be chooser's right?? hh but i do agree with u thank u very much..

You're taking the right approach...the only way you're going to improve your credit score is by diluting the BAD credit of your past with GOOD credit data in your present and future. You may have to pay an annual fee, but in the long run it's worth it. Just keep balances low and pay on time, every time. It might take six, nine, maybe even twelve months for your score to really change, but it will. And in two or three years you will be MUCH further ahead than you would have been had you sat on the sidelines of the credit "game" and waited for those negatives to age off.
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank u TheNewWorldMan i need all the help and advice i can get
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank u there nikkoslilmouse i got the my imagine card and it's activated and ready to go i just haven't tried it yet thank u for ur help ... i have also applied for the orchard card and the told me that i was approved but for some reason it has been about 3 weeks and i have not received the card yet any one can help thank u.... and for isislc i applied for the card u recommended and got turned down whats up with that i know i mentioned that when u applied u had a lower score any way it's all good thank u for all..

Message Edited by kollok on 07-01-2007 10:30 AM
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have the orchard card and it took them a while to get me my card after I was approved as well but their Customer Service Dept is awsome and so friendly. plus I believe  you can pay online without any fees.
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

try first priemer there pretty good
Message 15 of 28
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the cards.  Keep banging away at repair though before you jump on further rebuilding.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 16 of 28
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

nikkoslilmouse wrote:
you could also try www.myimaginecard.com they have a fee that is charged to the card but it has worked great for us and my husband even got a credit limit increase after having the card for only 4 month. I am still waiting on mine mad smiley LOL I have not had mine but 3 months but I love it even though it is a low limit. I can make my payment on line with out any fees

What is imagine card are they pretty popular and do they report to all three bureaus? Also do you think i would get approved if i have score like these Eq-621 Ex-550 Tu-No Score! As you can see im just starting out!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

sbk, if all you have is a limited history you may want to look into a credit union. most of the popular ones are eq only pullers.
Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't find where to apply on their website. Can you help?
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, this is the first time I've seen a decade-old thread bumped up!

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.