cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wolfeyy's Journey/Timeline thus far...

tag
Wolfeyy
Regular Contributor

Re: Wolfeyy's Journey/Timeline thus far...

@ambivalent wrote:

Ihave a question...when your scores dropped in 2016 due to high util, do you mind sharing (if you recall) what the util was and what you paid it down to and got back near 700?  I'm currently around those 650ish scores and plan to pay off a ton of debt within the next week.  Thank you!

Yes, I had near 70% util on one of my cards. Once you pay down your card(s) they will go up within the week or so depending on the lenders refresh cycle.

EDIT: Forgot to answer one of your questions. I paid that card down to 0 and didn't use it until the score refreshed and I was in the clear again.

"Four more months until 2 inquires fall off."
My Journey Thread: Wolfeyy's Journey/Timeline thus far...
Goal: 780s across the board(Accomplished!) | Util: under 3%
5/27/17 - TU: 789 | EX: 785 | EQ: 798
Discover IT - $11,000 | Citi DC - $5,200 | PenFed Cash Rewards - $2,500 | Cap1 QS1 - $2,300 | Barclay Rewards - $1,500
Paypal Credit - $1,000

Message 31 of 34
Wolfeyy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick question - you seem to have a lot of cards/accounts things to keep track of, how do you do it?  Seems like a lot to remember, do you use an app/spreadhseet?

I usually only use 2 cards at any given time. For example, my Discover I use for everyday things. My Citi DC I use for big purchases to gain the 2% cashback(It's rare I buy things pricey enough to warrant using this card but, it's good to keep on hand just incase). As far as my other cards, they just sit in a draw at home. I don't touch them mostly because they haven't grown and my Discover and Citi DC have been the most generous to me in customer support and credit limits. Also the other cards I only really opened because I was trying to rapidly increase my credit file during the time. I don't recommend doing that by the way as your mostly likely going to have a favorite card by that point and you'll and want to close the unnecessary ones later down the line to tidy your file and wallet, like myself.

As far as keeping track of them, I used to use a spreadsheet but stopped because once my Discover hit the 2k+ credit line. I started solely using that as my daily card because it was enough to cover what I spend and just enough to not worry about my credit score getting dinged by high utilization. Also, I never carry a balance long enough for me to have to keep track anymore. I usually pay my cards within the week or so as I've gotten a better job.  I hope that answered your question. Smiley Happy

Discover IT - $11,000 | Citi DC - $5,200 | PenFed Cash Rewards - $2,500 | Cap1 QS1 - $2,300 | Barclay Rewards - $1,500
Paypal Credit - $1,000

Message 32 of 34
Wolfeyy
Regular Contributor

Updated.

Paypal Credit - $1,000

Message 33 of 34
Wolfeyy
Regular Contributor

Updated.

Paypal Credit - $1,000

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.