cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wonder if I have done the right thing? UTIL?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Wonder if I have done the right thing? UTIL?

so, i have 2 dept store cards 90 days past due- 'closed at credit grantors request'

one has a balance of $4,000 (w/ reported cl of $100)

the other has a balance of $3,000 (w/ reported cl of $100)

i disputed the accounts saying the cl was unlawfully altered to damage my utilization, and that they needed to be updated to reflect the real cl, or be completely removed.

i wonder what affect this will have. it is obviously damaging my utilization, so i figured this couldnt hurt, right?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wonder if I have done the right thing? UTIL?

CreditDrama85 wrote:
so, i have 2 dept store cards 90 days past due- 'closed at credit grantors request'

one has a balance of $4,000 (w/ reported cl of $100)

the other has a balance of $3,000 (w/ reported cl of $100)

i disputed the accounts saying the cl was unlawfully altered to damage my utilization, and that they needed to be updated to reflect the real cl, or be completely removed.

i wonder what affect this will have. it is obviously damaging my utilization, so i figured this couldnt hurt, right?

when a CC is closed with a balance  it hurts big time. The CL would not be used for UTIL because it is closed   but the amount still owed will count against any other UTIL that you have.
Message 2 of 5
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

so the only way this will benefit me is if the tls are deleted for some reason? if the proper cl gets reported it won't help my score?!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditDrama85 wrote:
so the only way this will benefit me is if the tls are deleted for some reason? if the proper cl gets reported it won't help my score?!

nope!!!!  If you still owe  they will not delete. The only way that I can see is if you PFD  and if it isn't very old  you might have to PFD with full payment.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-13-2007 09:24 PM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CL and balance calculate into UTL until the balance is paid off. 90 day past due- very common for them to close and CLD you.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.