Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WooHOO! BT pays off! Hit the 800 club!

tag
LexieCat
Regular Contributor

WooHOO! BT pays off! Hit the 800 club!

I was mulling, a couple weeks ago, whether to take advantage of a BT offer to pay off a couple of my accounts.  I knew it would be fine in the long run but I wasn't sure what the immediate effect on my score might be.

Today the third of my scores broke 800.

Just had to share.  Smiley Happy

(BTW, originally posted in wrong forum, so apologies for the double post--guess I was too excited to pay attention, lol)

Chase Sapphire Preferred $32k; CapitalOne Venture $30k; Chase Slate $30k; Barclaycard Arrival Plus $25k; Wells Fargo Visa $25k; Amex EveryDay $25k; Barclaycard Ring $15.5k; Lowes $10k; Barclaycard Apple Financing $9.5k; Best Buy $7k; Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $6.5k; misc. store cards

EQ 822; TU 820; EX 819
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: WooHOO! BT pays off! Hit the 800 club!

Congrats! The other post was removed.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 22
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Awesome! Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 3 of 22
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! 

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's great!

Message 5 of 22
LexieCat
Regular Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Congrats! The other post was removed.

Thanks, was trying to see a way to do it.  Appreciate the help--and the congrats.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $32k; CapitalOne Venture $30k; Chase Slate $30k; Barclaycard Arrival Plus $25k; Wells Fargo Visa $25k; Amex EveryDay $25k; Barclaycard Ring $15.5k; Lowes $10k; Barclaycard Apple Financing $9.5k; Best Buy $7k; Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $6.5k; misc. store cards

EQ 822; TU 820; EX 819
Message 6 of 22
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Well played.  Congrats!  Very nice

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 7 of 22
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Yay u!  That's HUGE!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 8 of 22
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@LexieCat wrote:

I was mulling, a couple weeks ago, whether to take advantage of a BT offer to pay off a couple of my accounts.  I knew it would be fine in the long run but I wasn't sure what the immediate effect on my score might be.

Today the third of my scores broke 800.

Just had to share.  Smiley Happy

(BTW, originally posted in wrong forum, so apologies for the double post--guess I was too excited to pay attention, lol)

Woo Hoo!!   Time for the Happy Dance!!  Congrats to YOU!!

Don't worry about the double post, its OK. I would post on every board, if my CS reached the 800's.

Keep up the great work.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 9 of 22
LexieCat
Regular Contributor

Thanks, guys.  I've only paid attention to credit scores for the past few years.  I remember that when I apped for the mortgage to buy my home, the lender told me he had never actually SEEN a score so high.  I don't recall whether he ever told me what it was.  

In the meantime, I accumulated some debt--a lot of it taking advantage of a low-interest BT offer good until paid off.  I pretty much maxed out that card (my 30k limit one) and threw the money into a money-market account that I used to pay my share of my kids' college tuition.  The interest rate was lower than anything I could have found anywhere else (4.99 percent).  And, of course, expenses related to my house (which sadly had a few "issues" shortly afer I moved in).  In any event, when I started tracking the scores a couple of years ago, they were mid-600s to low 700s.  

A couple of years ago I retired with a pension (YAY), and took a post-retirement job that paid almost what I was making previously (double YAY).  So I've been throwing 2-3k per month at the debt (although I also did some spending on some more home improvements in the meantime), and this is where it's gotten me.  My goal is to pay it all off by about this time next year.  At the rate I'm going, that should happen (barring something unforeseen, of course).

I'm very, very fortunate.

EQ 822; TU 820; EX 819
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.