Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woohoo...it truly is gone

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Woohoo...it truly is gone

When I was shopping for a mortgage, a bogus CA showed up and dropped my EX FICO from 690 (on Oct 29) to 669 on Nov 29. I discovered it when the Broker gave me a copy of my report on Dec 13. I found these forums about a week later and starting pouring through the threads. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Anyway, here is where it gets interesting...On Dec 24, I called EX and disputed the item over the phone. The rep was the absolute worst person on earth (you know, spawn of Satan and all). I then found a thread that talked about DV'ing, so I DV'd the CA on Dec. 29. Yesterday, I bought my EX & TU CRs from myFICO and discovered that the item was gone from both. I was skeptical.

Today, I got my dispute results back from EX and the CA has disappeared. It's gone. However, score increases were negligible. Smiley Sad I am extremely happy though, because the garbage is gone. Smiley Wink

Thank you for all of the help. What will the CA do when they get the DV?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Woohoo...it truly is gone

Congrats!!  Sounds like 2008 has been good so far for a lot of folks on this board!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will use it for TP as they can not re-insert without certifying it and EX notifying you in writing within 5 days.

I have found a delay between a delete/change and the fico fully making the score change- sometimes 3 days-

ByrdMan wrote:
When I was shopping for a mortgage, a bogus CA showed up and dropped my EX FICO from 690 (on Oct 29) to 669 on Nov 29. I discovered it when the Broker gave me a copy of my report on Dec 13. I found these forums about a week later and starting pouring through the threads. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Anyway, here is where it gets interesting...On Dec 24, I called EX and disputed the item over the phone. The rep was the absolute worst person on earth (you know, spawn of Satan and all). I then found a thread that talked about DV'ing, so I DV'd the CA on Dec. 29. Yesterday, I bought my EX & TU CRs from myFICO and discovered that the item was gone from both. I was skeptical.

Today, I got my dispute results back from EX and the CA has disappeared. It's gone. However, score increases were negligible. Smiley Sad I am extremely happy though, because the garbage is gone. Smiley Wink

Thank you for all of the help. What will the CA do when they get the DV?

Message 3 of 5
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

Congratulation  hopefully 2008 will be the best year for all of us . Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 5
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

-wrong board-

Message Edited by TryingVeryHard on 01-03-2008 07:27 AM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.