cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working on Repairing my Credit with Lexington Law

tag
albsallu

Working on Repairing my Credit with Lexington Law

I had several  negatives on my credit that have passed 7 years and Lexington law is helping me remove them all including other negativeds that are almost 7 years old. My current credit score is 650, but two weeks ago, my credit score was 695, but I knew what the problem was. I have a revolving Macy;s card that is $300. This is a store card,  and I used about $250 of the amount. I have now made a payment of the $300 and waiting for them to report it to the Credit Bureaus. I have no more credit cards, but considering getting a house next year and I believe that having 1 or 2 major credit card will help in the process. if I have my credit score to 700+, what are my chances of getting a credit card, and what credit card should I get. I am currently making at least $110000/ year. Any advice is necessary.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Working on Repairing my Credit with Lexington Law

My advice is to stop using Lexington Law IMMEDIATELY, especially if your derogs are nearing the seven year reporting mark.

They will accomplish nothing that you can't do on your own.  By using them, you are throwing away money that you could be saving towards a down payment on your home.

Message 2 of 9
user5387
Valued Contributor

@albsallu wrote:

I had several  negatives on my credit that have passed 7 years and Lexington law is helping me remove them all including other negativeds that are almost 7 years old. My current credit score is 650, but two weeks ago, my credit score was 695, but I knew what the problem was. I have a revolving Macy;s card that is $300. This is a store card,  and I used about $250 of the amount. I have now made a payment of the $300 and waiting for them to report it to the Credit Bureaus. I have no more credit cards, but considering getting a house next year and I believe that having 1 or 2 major credit card will help in the process. if I have my credit score to 700+, what are my chances of getting a credit card, and what credit card should I get. I am currently making at least $110000/ year. Any advice is necessary.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums!

You typically want at least three revolving accounts to build your credit and qualify for a mortgage.

So you might want to investigate adding another CC or two, either secured or unsecured.  The SDFCU secured Visa is a good one to consider.

If you are thinking about a mortgage, I would try to get your FICO 04 scores, that are used in the mortgage business, and make an assessment of where your reports and scores are currently at relative to what is needed for a mortgage.  You can get the 04 scores from DCU, PSECU, and the EQ web site (Score Power FICO product).

Message 3 of 9
albsallu

Thanks guys for your advice. I will look into this. Will the credit card company's offer me a CC with a credit score of 650 that is secured.

Thanks
Message 4 of 9
user5387
Valued Contributor

@albsallu wrote:
Thanks guys for your advice. I will look into this. Will the credit card company's offer me a CC with a credit score of 650 that is secured.

Thanks

The SDFCU secured Visa has no credit or income checks.

https://www.sdfcu.org/emv-creditcards

Message 5 of 9
albsallu

Are you required to have an account with them for you to be considered.
Message 6 of 9
Sonic98
New Contributor

@Involver wrote:

My advice is to stop using Lexington Law IMMEDIATELY, especially if your derogs are nearing the seven year reporting mark.

They will accomplish nothing that you can't do on your own.  By using them, you are throwing away money that you could be saving towards a down payment on your home.

I do know of one guy's credit repair service. Almost everyone I know that tried him said they couldn't believe the stuff he was able to get off their report. I was going to use him, but his prices have almost doubled from what they were 3 or 4 years ago, and he wants full payment up front. But from the people I know who used them, he seemed to work mircales for them. I just don't have the money to give away, plus I have a few things dropping off this year.  I decied to just chance it with just those things happening.

Message 7 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Sonic98 wrote:

@Involver wrote:

I do know of one guy's credit repair service. Almost everyone I know that tried him said they couldn't believe the stuff he was able to get off their report. I was going to use him, but his prices have almost doubled from what they were 3 or 4 years ago, and he wants full payment up front. But from the people I know who used them, he seemed to work mircales for them. I just don't have the money to give away, plus I have a few things dropping off this year.  I decied to just chance it with just those things happening.

That is a violation of the CROA.

This Act, Pub. L. No. 104-208, § 2451, 110 Stat. 3009-455 (Sept. 30, 1996), amending title IV of the Consumer Credit Protection Act, prohibits untrue or misleading representations and requires certain affirmative disclosures in the offering or sale of "credit repair" services. The Act bars "credit repair" companies from demanding advance payment, requires that "credit repair" contracts be in writing, and gives consumers certain contract cancellation rights.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 9
Sonic98
New Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@Sonic98 wrote:

@Involver wrote:

That is a violation of the CROA.

This Act, Pub. L. No. 104-208, § 2451, 110 Stat. 3009-455 (Sept. 30, 1996), amending title IV of the Consumer Credit Protection Act, prohibits untrue or misleading representations and requires certain affirmative disclosures in the offering or sale of "credit repair" services. The Act bars "credit repair" companies from demanding advance payment, requires that "credit repair" contracts be in writing, and gives consumers certain contract cancellation rights.

That's exactly the same thing I was thinking. Almost none of the honor the clause about advanced payments and cancellation rights.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.