Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Finance Corporation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

World Finance Corporation

I got a preapproval loan app from World Finance Corporation.  Has anyone ever heard of this company.  Apparently they have a local office in my city.  I'm not interested in the loan, but since this is the first time I've ever gotten a preapproval for a loan in the mail, thought I'd check it out.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: World Finance Corporation

IMO, stay away from them, very high interest rates.

Also this is a company, where people go to when they can't get credit anywhere else.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. Stay away. They're loansharks.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Pre-approval is not approval, but rather a way to offer credit, pull your file, and see if they like it.  They want to get the consumer to apply, this giving them a permissible purpose to pull your entire credit report.

In making their unsolicited offer for credit, they only received your name and address from the CRA.  They cant get more without enticing you to give them a permissible purpose.  Its why many opt-out.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.